Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have narrowed it down to two. I just went and saw the new 2008 specialized rockhopper. I LOVE the looks of this bike. It has a sweet yellow frame and the frame is also upgraded from the A1 aluminum to the M4 body. Only problem for me is it is a little more expensive than the other option($550). Option number 2 is the Gary Fisher wahoo disc brake edition. I dont like the body as much but it does come with disc brakes and is fifty to one hundred dollars cheaper. It also has a little better front and rear derailleurs. One of the drawbacks is that it only offers the rockshox dart 1 shocks as opposed to the rockshox 3 shocks on the rockhopper. What do you guys think is the better buy. I am 6'5" and 165 pounds. I want to be able to ride my bike on trails, mountains, and also the road. Any insight for me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't seen any 08 specialized at my lbs...did you see any 08 specialized comps? Does anybody know where you can see when the the new models of each bike are scheduled to be released?

And to the OP, did you ride the bikes? If so, which did you like best?

·
Registered
28 Posts
At 6'5 you really belong on a bike with 29in wheels (29er). The larger wheels are much better at taking bumps, almost as if you had a full suspention bike. Do yourself a favor and head over to the 29er forum. And if you like Specialized, you shoud check out the Rockhopper 29er which starts around $650.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts