Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone have the weights for the frames in say medium?
Jensonusa seems to have a good deal on the Ti frames and backcountryoutlet on the carbon frames.

Tks!

·
K n e e m o i
506 Posts
I PM'd Titusjeff, and for 2008, the carbon frame is heavier than the aluminum frame.

For 2009, they changed it, so the carbon frame is lighter for the X.

I forgot the exact numbers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wonder why the carbon frame would be heavier than alu version, or even the same.....arent they supposed to be lighter? If not, what's the point apart from the bling factor?

·
K n e e m o i
506 Posts
kakachi said:
i wonder why the carbon frame would be heavier than alu version, or even the same.....arent they supposed to be lighter? If not, what's the point apart from the bling factor?
Ride. Especially long distances.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm if $ were no object it's Ti for sure.
jensonusa is running Ti racer X frames for $2195. Ti has lifetime warranty
backcountry outlet is doing carbon racer x frame for $1497, and they have an inhouse no questions asked lifetime warranty

decisions people. decisions :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
kakachi...... The problem was that Titus had was they lacked an experienced industrial engineer that knew how to optimize a carbon fiber frame. So they just over buit the Racer-X Carbon. If your over 165 lbs you definetly want to get the Carbon as it has better acceleration with similar vertical compliance as the Ti frames with out the flex.

Sopwithcamel

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a carbon FS bike now. I really dont notice much of a difference between an Al frame and it. The suspension does more for the ride quality it seems than the frame. Maybe in a hardtail or on a road bike it would be more apparent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.