Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new 2008 ARC Medium. :band:
The color combination is not the best, but remind me that Sears BMX that I never had!:(
Syntace cockpit
XTR drivetrain
Cobalt whhels
Blue SID
Blue Avid Ultimate
Some Hope parts
Weght: 21.97lbs
Take that Sears!!!:devil:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
That ARC will draw some attention for sure. When I saw Zion's name on this thread, I just knew exactly what he was going to say...never holds back, that guy! :D

Yeah, Yeti is missing out (financially especially) by not having a 29er but that's okay with them, apparently. Fortunately, they sell enough of the 26er stuff though.;)

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Nice..........pretty impressed with the weight.....but the blue on turquoise isn't that bad if you're going fast enough to pass everyone:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments! I rode it yesterday, only 20 miles. I came from a 2008 575, so it is another animal. Climbs very good and the steering is very sharp. Obviously will need some tweeking. Also will use a Hope blue seatpost clamp and Hope ceramic blue BB.:devil:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Cerro Gordo Rocks

Hey there. Sorry about high jacking your thread.

I'm PR born but live in Georgia. Still have family and friends there and visit a good bit. Took my SS a few months back and loved it!

Your ARC is awesome. I've been looking at them for a while.

Here's some pics of your sweet PR riding.....

1 Fair warning, 2 Jungle Singletrack, 3 View from the Trail

Attachments

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Not fair

velez3000 said:
Hey there. Sorry about high jacking your thread.

I'm PR born but live in Georgia. Still have family and friends there and visit a good bit. Took my SS a few months back and loved it!

Your ARC is awesome. I've been looking at them for a while.

Here's some pics of your sweet PR riding.....

1 Fair warning, 2 Jungle Singletrack, 3 View from the Trail
After waking up to a dusting of snow, I feel you should be banned for life for posting number 2.:mad:

What does the warning say in #1?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey there

It says brakes. This was right before a really fun and rooty downhill section. you and I actually traded emails a few months back. I was in between an ARC or AS-R. I ended up with a cannondale rize. Any way. back to looking at hardtails. You said you have a niner, is it a HT? whatcha like better arc or 29"?

thanks and wow onix, sorry for jacking your thread

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Pm

velez3000 said:
It says brakes. This was right before a really fun and rooty downhill section. you and I actually traded emails a few months back. I was in between an ARC or AS-R. I ended up with a cannondale rize. Any way. back to looking at hardtails. You said you have a niner, is it a HT? whatcha like better arc or 29"?

thanks and wow onix, sorry for jacking your thread
Sent PM.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The ARC had been a huge hit on our trails! Not only it rips them apart but everyone seems to love it. All people had something to ask. People here only see the Yetis on magazines(our trails are infested on those pesky Specialized and Treks). I get mine from Jenson and Full Cycles.
Here are a couple of subtle changes. Went to a blue Hope seatpost clamp and Ceramic blue Hope BB. XTR weighted 88grms, Hope 103grms. Since I replaced the watercage bolts to aluminum, and cut 100mm of the seatpost it ended weighting 21.8lbs, which is not bad for aluminum frame with not excotic parts!!!:devil:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.