Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 2008 Kona Four completely stock. His birthday is coming up and I'd like to get him something for his bike. My budget is around $100-150 but I'm too new to MTB to know what to upgrade.

thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
you could go with a new set of light fast rolling tires, maybe a new shimano xt derailleur. Parts are a personal preference. You might want to ask what your friend likes before you buy. You could also go with stuff like a camelbak hydration, jersey, bike shorts, new helmet, if any of that stuff is needed. Or you could do a performancebike.com gift card, something like that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I never like giving gift cards because the impact factor of opening up a gift card is just bleh in my opinion.

he's all set on jersey, shorts, camelbak, helmet, etc ... he does need a pair of riding glasses but I feel glasses are very personal choice and I have no idea what he wants other than transition lenses because he likes my transition lenses.

he likes his seating/cockpit position .. was wondering how difficult it would be to get a lighter stem and handlebar yet keep the bars in the same basic position

1 - 4 of 4 Posts