Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine just purchased a new 2008 Kona Dawgma last week. He's currently out of town and won't be picking the bike up until next week when he returns. Question is he's got a set of Mavic 823's with C/L Disc that we were going to swap over from his other ride. Can anyone tell me if the Dawgma comes with 6 bolt or C/L rotors? Also what do you guys think about the Dawgma?

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
i bet the new shimano hubs would be all the rage if they didnt have the stupid CL setup.

if hes got CL wheels and rotors, they'll swap right on though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Dawgma is a fun bike. Same geo as the other dawgs just different frame material and spec. I have upgraded some parts and easily dropped the weight down to 30.8 lbs without spending much. Its a 6 bolt.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
in order of importance and biggest loss first.. tires, wheels, crank.. then maybe bars, stem, seat and post.. a distant last would be the shifters and derailleurs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
first change I made was putting on Schwalbe Rocket Rons, Specialized turbo tubes (light weight)<-- noticed biggest weight change with tubes and tires. Then: Race Face Dues seatpost, Selle Italia SLR ti seat, Ritchey Carbon bars, Ritchey WCS foam grips, KCNC stem. Some stuff I had in my garage. Not sure what was going on with my stock tubes but they were extremely heavy.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I know the 1st thing to go will be the wheels. As he's got some Mavic 823's. And yes my guess is there maybe a weight gain there but they are a definite improvement over the the stock wheels

1 - 10 of 10 Posts