Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am checking this bike out.
The only color available is BLUE, but no pictures.

Does anybody have pics of what this Blue finish looks like?

I have seen some pics of a girly powder blue color, but not sure if those were 2008's.

Thanks

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
The 2008 as far as I know only came in the Rasta paint job (red, yellow, green) and I don't recall and cannot seem to find a 2008 multi in blue on the web. I cannot seem to find the multi at all in the 2009 line even though I'm 80% sure it exists. The Peace 9r SS came in a very bright blue and a plum colour last year and you can get it in a deep blue this year. Not saying there isn't blue but they may have their facts wrong. I just looked at the site myself sorry I can't be more help.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
chumbox said:
The 2008 as far as I know only came in the Rasta paint job (red, yellow, green) and I don't recall and cannot seem to find a 2008 multi in blue on the web. I cannot seem to find the multi at all in the 2009 line even though I'm 80% sure it exists. The Peace 9r SS came in a very bright blue and a plum colour last year and you can get it in a deep blue this year. Not saying there isn't blue but they may have their facts wrong. I just looked at the site myself sorry I can't be more help.
2008 9r Multi. Click on the second little thumbnail on top to see the blue version

2009 9r Multi

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought the blue this summer

I bought this bike this summer when it was on sale and they had some 15% coupons rolling.

My impression... Love riding it. Zero bling factor. heavy. seat post and seat post clamp suck... clamp broke in two places and post bent. I have never bent a post in twenty some years or riding. still love it. replacing those pieces right now. seat sucks. replaced it with personal choice. Cheap tektro aquilla brakes work pretty well. I have had zero trouble with brakes and other components.

Not sure what you can get it for right now but I got out the door for under $600. I Bought it as my entry into 29er and reentry to the rigid world. I have barely ridden my indy fab 26er since. The truth is I am completely sold on the 29er wheel now and the 26 seems like a kid bike. The peace has a long top tube which is my preference if you like the more compact cockpit I would look close at the specs. I bought a medium. about a 23.5 effective top tube. Works well with me and my standover height (I am 5'7 with approx 30-31 inseam).

wheels are heavy but solid. I like the fork has some compliance and goes where you point it. Like I said there is zero bling with this bike but I am more about function than form. Lighter would be better but for me and my central virginia riding this bike works. I am going to add an aluminum 29er with reba to my quiver for other purposes. Rigid riding can wear me out at times and I would like something lighter with a fork to have options. The frame is designed for an 80 mm fork but in my opinion it probably works best as is. It is already heavy the light front end is one of the bonuses.

All my opinion but I amnot unhappy with my purchase.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
I just looked at GT Canada's 2009 Catalogue. The Peace 9r is going to be a desert tan colour this year.

It's interesting how the Peace 9r size medium seems to be supposedly to fit everyone. Especially when you consider the seat tube measurements. From the BB to the top tube is 15" yet to the top of the seat collar it's about 17".

One thing to watch out for is the spokes. Since may have had numerous spokes fail on the rear wheel, all at the nipple.

·
Registered
233 Posts
NO spoke failures with my

BUt I have had to true the wheels a few times. I would agree te spokes ain't great.
Enduramil said:
I just looked at GT Canada's 2009 Catalogue. The Peace 9r is going to be a desert tan colour this year.

It's interesting how the Peace 9r size medium seems to be supposedly to fit everyone. Especially when you consider the seat tube measurements. From the BB to the top tube is 15" yet to the top of the seat collar it's about 17".

One thing to watch out for is the spokes. Since may have had numerous spokes fail on the rear wheel, all at the nipple.

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
2008 Peace 9r rider. Not the multi but sure it's pretty much the same specs. Beat the heck out of it. No wheel truing needed so far after 16 months. Best bike I have ever owned to date. Sure a little on the heavy side but big whoop... you can have a sporty jap car or a chevy truck... I'll take the truck anyday

Just noticed the blue one in the pic has Alex rims... mine came with WTB SpeedDisc, this might be the difference.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
i have the 07 model (white/SS/v-brakes) and love it... even more so than my blinged out SIR9. its heavy, but the geometry is great. definately not a race bike, but a fun bike to go beat around on! :thumbsup:

i've done a few mods to mine... changed out the stock cranks to a set of gxp truvativ stylos, dumped the tektro brakes for a old set of avid sd7 brakes and levers as well as replacing the truvativ xr stem/bars for a lp composites dh bar with a easton magnesium stem and swapped out the front exiwolf for a 2.55" weirwolf.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
The frame it self is good and strong. This is one of those frames that will outlast all the other parts. And besides in the end the frame is the most important part for most as it's what will be used for several years. No flexing under a 5ft 12" 225 lbs yet.

Be aware that the bars are narrow, measure about 635mm. You may have to look at getting wider bars. And you may have to tinker with stem length to get one you like.

Right now have a Salsa Moto Ace flat bar 680mm width.Not bad but I think that the bike is designed around a more upright position.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any input on the sizing of this bike?

I am 6'-0" and normally always ride 19" bikes.
The large has a 19" seattube & 30.3 inch standover.

Medium seems to small, but I dont know if 29er will make the Large seem to big.

Thanks

·
Registered
725 Posts
Here's mine. I'm 6' with pretty long legs, so I got a large. I finally took it out on a decent ride yesterday. I did the Epic Rides 24 Hour Course, and it was really, REALLY fun. Both the course and the bike. Performance is amazing considering the price. True, the Peace isn't light, but I never noticed it, and I had the extra pound or two of a full water bottle in the cage that I never used. Oh, and that reminds me- this bike only has one set of bottle braze-ons. That's my biggest beef. Disc brakes are awesome, first time really riding them. Seat post clamp did seem weak, post slipped a bit. I tightened it on the trail and it seemed to help. The course has plenty of twisty singletrack, dodging cactus and running up and down washes and gulleys. The big wheels were great, didn't notice any slowness in acceleration or steering. Granted, this was at speed. There wasn't much slow technical stuff.

Mine's a 2008, but I kinda wish I waited for the 2009. The 2009 Peace 9er Multi has a Reynolds 520 frame. And it only comes in Rasta.

Like it was mentioned earlier, the Peace is not bling. But the rasta definitely has some look-at-me going on. Especially with a rasta King headset. Post-ride photos below.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork

Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Red

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.