Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at picking up a 2008 Fuel EX7 on closeout. It comes with the 130mm Recon. I'm thinking about swapping it out for a 140mm Minute Super. The A-C is only 6mm more on the Minute, so I'm kind of curious how that might feel on the Fuel.

How is the steering on the Fuel stock? I haven't actually demo'd one. Is it pretty fast and twitchy like a xc bike or more relaxed? If it's relaxed, does anyone think the extra 6mm will make it too slack? I think the stock HA is 69. I'm used to bikes in the 65-67 range...

·
Registered
28 Posts
A little more relaxed that an all out XC bike. We fitted some Fox Vanilla 140's to my mates 08 EX7 (in the matching dark grey - looked sick) and it rides nice. A little higher at the front which is no biggy, just dropped it down a spacer.

Coming from a DH head angle, yeah, you'll notice that it's a heap twitchy'er when shooting down firetrails, but thats about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.