Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy new bike I have close to 2600 to spend but would I be better one of the others.... I haven't been riding a MTN bike in 2 years so I need some help
I can get 2008 ex 9 for 2699
2009 ex 8 (has the new slx components) for 2399
or a 2008 ex 8 for 1899

which bike to choose... any advice would be great...

·
Registered
75 Posts
man! I just went through this whole Fiasco! The EX9 is going to be the bang but based on what you are going to have to pay, not the biggest bang for that buck. I missed one on Ebay that sold for $2314 at the proscloset. I should have bought it but I couldnt pull the trigger.

Now, My LBS could order me a 09 EX8 black on white trim for $2247 Out the door tax and all so your guy can too, dont let them fool ya.

I was priced an 08 EX8 for 1999 but the silver trim sucks so I passed.

I ordered the 09 Ex8 and will be happy.

Go for it.

·
*Contents Under Pressure
352 Posts
Pretty much same dilemma over here. I wish the green was still available, that color was killer. My shop does not have any 08 ex9's left so i think I'm just going to go with the 09 ex8. that white on black is hot.:cool:
https://www.trekbikes.com/images/bikes/2009/xl/fuelex8_blackwhite.jpg

Good luck with your choice. I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you end up with, these bikes have quite a following.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.