Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 Double Dare registration NOW CLOSED

Hey everybody, a quite a few folks remembered the date better than I. When I checked my email this morning the 2008 Double Dare was already 20% full. July 1 came around quick this year!

Anyway, if you want to try your luck at the 2008 Double Dare send an email to me at [email protected] with the following information from both riders (NO SOLO TEAMS): Name, address, phone, email, and emergency contact name and phone #.

The 2008 Double Dare is open to finishers of the Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race (PMBAR) only. (unless cleared by ME. Contact me if you think you've got what it takes)

Some of you may be asking, what the hell is this Double Dare thing. OK, here's the deal:

Starting at Noon on Saturday Oct. 18 at White Pines Group Campground in Pisgah Forest, NC teams of two riders will race to reach up to 10 checkpoints, in any order. The first cutoff is Midnight. Any team not back by the cutoff will be DQ'd. Race resumes at 6AM Sunday with a mandatory time trial (I do mean mandatory, don't I Tomato?) and riders will race to reach 10 brand new checkpoints. The final cutoff is 6PM. Racers 'in the running' should expect about 70-90 miles of riding PER DAY. There will also be 'special tests' which in the past have included: Hiking to the top of Mt. Pisgah, Shooting a BB gun (or chugging PBR, your choice) and other tests of mental clarity or dexterity.

There will be no amenities provided at the start/finish other than existing facilities and beer.

There is NO ENTRY FEE and NO PRIZES.

Still want some? email me soon!

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Date Change!!!

sorry folks, for reasons beyond our control we had to change the date of the 2008 Double Dare to the
weekend of Oct 18-19

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
My October calendar looks like a dyslectic's nightmare. A special test category?

Keep 'em guessing PP.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
864 Posts
DD with a new flavor..

Will this year`s DD be full of virgin`s?
Im betting it will be and ill be one of them and im thinking the carnage will be exquisite and in great numbers.
Im thinking last years DD had 9 teams start and now there are only 10 spots left out of 25 with no "usual suspects" yet....very interesting.

·
Politically Incorrect
643 Posts
So, I've read through the website but I can't find the answer to my question. I'm surprised it wasn't there 'cause I know this has come up before.

My PMBAR partner was kidnapped by Egyptian terrorists while on vacation in New York City. Apparently, he resembles some sort of former terror cell leader who has a big bounty on his head. If he can't escape Egypt in time for the DD, what do I do if I wanna sign up?

Thanks in advance.

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
motoenth said:
So, I've read through the website but I can't find the answer to my question. I'm surprised it wasn't there 'cause I know this has come up before.

My PMBAR partner was kidnapped by Egyptian terrorists while on vacation in New York City. Apparently, he resembles some sort of former terror cell leader who has a big bounty on his head. If he can't escape Egypt in time for the DD, what do I do if I wanna sign up?

Thanks in advance.
Oh man that's tough, but know what I'm going to do? I'll give my buddy Michael Hayden a call, we'll get your friend out of the hands of those terrrrrists. Thing is, that'll take a couple of days and there are only 3 spots left for the 08DD..... So, you'll probably just end up volunteering if you want to be a part of the race this year.

Hey everybody!!! I need volunteers to help with set-up, tear-down, and administering special tests. Anyone want to help? Rob?

·
Politically Incorrect
643 Posts
I just heard from my PMBAR partner. He said that he WILL be able to make the 08DD. I've just sent my email requesting a spot.

Woohoo!! 2008 Double Dare, here we come!!!!

·
slakDawg
469 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
Hey everybody!!! I need volunteers to help with set-up, tear-down, and administering special tests. Anyone want to help? Rob?
I've been kicking that idea around...I'll shoot you an email after I speak to my trail activities coordinator.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Team Smoke "The Fixing Fuxies"

Anybody else want to play fixed??
Karl & Janet are playing fixed that is if one of them registered. I know Karl will not get it done but Janet might if she realizes time is running out.
I hope she reads this cause she will get totally fuxied if she thinks her weak minded partner and her tiny old aarp self can beat us..:prft:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.