Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, a quite a few folks remembered the date better than I. When I checked my email this morning the 2008 Double Dare was already 20% full. July 1 came around quick this year!

Anyway, if you want to try your luck at the 2008 Double Dare send an email to me at [email protected] with the following information from both riders (NO SOLO TEAMS): Name, address, phone, email, and emergency contact name and phone #.

The 2008 Double Dare is open to finishers of the Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race (PMBAR) only. (unless cleared by ME. Contact me if you think you've got what it takes)

Some of you may be asking, what the hell is this Double Dare thing. OK, here's the deal:

Starting at Noon on Saturday Oct. 18 at White Pines Group Campground in Pisgah Forest, NC teams of two riders will race to reach up to 10 checkpoints, in any order. The first cutoff is Midnight. Any team not back by the cutoff will be DQ'd. Race resumes at 6AM Sunday with a mandatory time trial and riders will race to reach up to 10 brand new checkpoints. The final cutoff is 6PM. Racers 'in the running' should expect about 70-90 miles of riding PER DAY. There will also be 'special tests' which in the past have included: Hiking to the top of Mt. Pisgah, Shooting a BB gun (or chugging PBR, your choice) and other tests of mental clarity or dexterity.

There will be no amenities provided at the start/finish other than existing facilities and beer.

There is NO ENTRY FEE and NO PRIZES.

Still want some? email me soon!

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Should I bother to mention that the Captain and I are planning on crushing all comers, or would that just scare everybody off?

Guess it's too late now.

Fjear, now in easy to use single servings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.