·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
from the horses mouth

http://cycle.shimano-eu.com/publish.../news___info/news/new_deore_lx_and_deore.html

Shimano introduces several new components in the Deore LX and Deore mountain biking groups. For Deore LX there will be new cranksets FC-M582 (MTB) and FC-M583-K (Trekking).

They are lighter and stiffer, thanks to the HOLLOWTECH II technology. They will be available in crank arm lengths 170mm and 175mm. Chainring combinations are 44-32-22T (FC-M582/M58K) and 48-36-26T (FC-M583K).

Deore will get a new Rapidfire Plus shifter and Top-Normal rear derailleur. The shifter SL-M530 features 2-Way Release technology for faster shifts in various riding conditions. The rear derailleur RD-M531 features a wide link design for more rigidity and precise shifting. It will be available in two colour versions: black and silver.

Deore will also get some new cranksets FC-M532 (MTB) and FC-M533-K (Trekking). They are 9-speed Hyperglide compatible and they feature a 2-piece construction with integrated bottom bracket for increased rigidity. Chainring combinations are 44-32-22T and 48-36-26T. FC-M533-K is chaincase compatible and they are available in two colour options: black and silver.
Cheap bikes will be very nice next year!

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Indeed, over the past 9 years I've gone from xtr > xtr/xt > xt/lx. Soon it'll be lx/deore.

·
Registered
28 Posts
crisillo said:
yep..it's nice that the improvements "trickle" to lower price points
And look at that black Deore crank. It looks nicer than the pricer LX one! It looks like the new XT crank!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oddly, the Deore crank may be 2-piece but it isn't actually Hollowtech II as it not hollow.
LX should still have a decent weight advantage.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Freakcrab said:
Oddly, the Deore crank may be 2-piece but it isn't actually Hollowtech II as it not hollow.
LX should still have a decent weight advantage.
Oh really? Not hollow? I'm disappointed. My 5 year old Deore is hollow.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xcr said:
dont get deore all my deore components are being worn down and i now have to replace
you use stuff, it wears, duh. same goes for lx, xt, and xtr. sometimes higher end stuff even wears faster. Think aluminum vs. steel chainrings. steel is cheaper, and lasts longer than aluminum.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Shimano states that the new LX is lighter, so how light it is now? And what did they change? Looks the same for me, I hope its the chainrings :D (and its compatible with previous year LX cranks)

·
Registered
197 Posts
wheelhot said:
Shimano states that the new LX is lighter, so how light it is now? And what did they change? Looks the same for me, I hope its the chainrings :D (and its compatible with previous year LX cranks)
It looks to me like they changed the spindle from aluminum to steel - like the one on XT. It's supposed to be stronger and ,surprisingly, lighter.

Freakcrab, how do you know the cranks are not hollow? Their shape looks like all other hollow designs (unlike Race Face and Truvativ, which look more box/i-beam like). I hope they are indeed hollow because I'm in the market for a crankset and this fits the bill, granted I can find them below $100.

When will they be widely available?

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
I have not seen prices for the complete gruppo as a set...mostly the parts... but I'd guess it goes for about 50-60% as the XT..

for example the XT cranks HT2 cost about 110 EUR and the deore HT2 about 50 EUR

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Kind of sucks that they don;t have crank color options in XT but lowly Deore gets it. XT had both silver and black options on many parts years ago. You'd think with the number of XT bikes that are produced that they would have some options there also.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
just found out from the LBS that over here, the whole groupset (dual control, hydro brakes included) would cost the equivalent of US$400. 2008 XT groupset goes for the equivalent of US$600.

Tempting!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts