Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Official Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How has the long term durability been on these? A bike I picked up came with an essentially new set of 2008 Race Lite's (TLR), with the tubeless strips installed.

I was considering replacing them with a Hope / Mavic 717 combo, but am now wondering if it's worth spending the money to do this.

I would love to hear from someone who's run the Race Lite's for a while ... and if you happened to upgrade, did you notice much of a difference.

(to qualify intended usage - I ride XC, and have my weight down to 175 lbs)

·
Trail Hessian
37 Posts
mine have been solid

I've had 3 different sets over the years...no problems whatsoever. Haven't even needed truing, and I'm over 200 lbs riding a fair share of roots and rocks.

I just picked up some new Easton XC Ones, but haven't had a chance to mount them up yet. They are certainly lighter, so I'd expect a big performance boost, but will update when I get them rolling. For trail riding, I wouldn't bother upgrading the Bonti's but I do an occasional race and was looking for something lighter.

·
Official Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so have you mounted the XC One's yet? Interested to see how they compare to the Race Lite's.

I wouldn't mind saving a little weight, but also like quick engagement and quiet/dependable hubs.

·
Trail Hessian
37 Posts
not yet...

I've got them mounted up with Stan's strips and TLR Revolt Super X's, but haven't had a chance to ride them yet. Too dang busy....Will be riding them on Saturday and racing them in a week so will report back then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts