Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying an 08 BigHit FSR 1 and want to know if its a good bike. Can anyone tell me how the suspension feels and over all is it a good Freeride or downhill bike. I also want to upgrade the front fork to a manitou dorado. Would the dorado be good for the bike or would it screw up the bikes geo.

·
Uphill? What's that
661 Posts
Big hits are very good bikes. I think you might be better off getting a BIG HIT 2, then you wouldnt have to upgrade your fork. Check your LBS they might be able to get you on an 07.
I picked up an 07 BH 2 for less than the cost of an 08 BH 1. The only real difference between model years is the paint job.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob-Bob said:
Big hits are very good bikes. I think you might be better off getting a BIG HIT 2, then you wouldnt have to upgrade your fork. Check your LBS they might be able to get you on an 07.
I picked up an 07 BH 2 for less than the cost of an 08 BH 1. The only real difference between model years is the paint job.
I saw on your profile that you live in Pennsylvania. How close to the P.A and N.J border on rt 80(N.J) is the bike shop you got the 07 bighit from.Can you give me their website.

·
Uphill? What's that
661 Posts
mtnbiker7 said:
I saw on your profile that you live in Pennsylvania. How close to the P.A and N.J border on rt 80(N.J) is the bike shop you got the 07 bighit from.Can you give me their website.
Sorry no where close. i am near Pittsburgh. But any good specialized dealer should be able to help you out. By the way my LBS didnt have the big hits in stock so they ordered the 07 from specialized. They just looked on a dealer website and could tell if there were any left in the warehouse. 2 days later i had a new bike. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts