Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, be gentle with me!

I am new to MTBing and am looking at a Yukon, probably 19". The LBS doesn't have any '06's. Anybody know what color(s) the '07's will be? I looked at the Giant Australian site and they had a brown/copper color and matte black. Would those be the same colors for the US?

Anybody know if the front fork stays the same for 2007; Suntour 100mm XCT or something like that?

Thanks,

Chuck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know it may be silly, but I'm really curious about paint and color schemes for the '07 Yukons in the U.S.. I'm about 12 lbs. away from being able to award my first weight loss incentive, and I am pretty sure it's going to he a Yukon. But the Giant website shows the Sport bikes for 2006 (everything else appears to be 2007 models), and I wonder what colors will be offered? My LBS doesn't know yet, either.

Anyone?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the LBS says that the info should be out this week, so I'll try to be patient. I'm hoping that we get the same colors as Canada, I like the blue and white scheme.

Thanks for the weight loss comments. I'm down 20, with a long way to go. But I have a plan and goals. Riding is part of the whole plan...

See ya,

·
Registered
14 Posts
2007 Giant Hardtail Sport Models out first week in February for the USA. This confirmed by two LBS's here in greater Chicago area. Shipment of these models to follow soon after.
Can hardly wait!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a little update

I stopped in at the LBS. They have a small catalog now, and I saw a tiny picture of the 2007 Yukons. I don't know about components, but the frame changed a little bit. The color schemes are different, too. Looks like a block over silver and a olive green/brown something or other. Still waiting to learn the new specs and see a bigger picture, along with the real thing.

·
zip it up, zip it out
266 Posts
a word of advice to future yukon (possibly all giant onwers) the paint at least on the 06's is not durable at all, mine losses paint by looking at it wrong

but its a tough bike for the dollar and thats what we really buy them for to ride

·
Still learning
875 Posts
Is the Yukon frame the same as the Talon/Alias? I've had an '07 Talon for about 5 weeks now. Regarding the paint, it already has a few chips, one from an ever-so-slight rub on concrete when it was leaning up against it :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm picking up my Yukon tomorrow.

I was told it's a 2007 model, but it's blue and the other color they have is brown or copper. They don't have many of either color, but those are the only Yukons they have in stock. The Giant site doesn't showthe 2006 colors, so I'm just wondering if maybe they have the wrong year information.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
14 Posts
2006 More than likely

FattyDad if you bought your Yukon in the U.S. I'm reasonably sure that you've got last years model. They came in two flavors, a combination blue and a brushed orange. As ChuckHubbert of this thread stated a month ago, the 2007's come in anthracite/black and silver/black. I can confirm these are the new year colors (2007) from my LBS and last years colors (2006) from Giant's previous web-site. So quite possible you've gotten the wrong information.:madman:
FWIW last year's Yukons look much better than this years.:)
Enjoy your ride.

Doc

"I'm just an old chunk of coal but I'm going to be a diamond someday."
BJShaver

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.