Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fitted XTR 2007 dual contol hydros to Jones bars yet?

Got the 2003 XTR on mine, but the reservoir gets in the way on the extensions.
The new XTR appears to be more compact but the clamp is bigger and looks like it might restrict how near to the joint they can be positioned. Also the overall lever length looks shorter.

Any experience or views?

Cheers

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,484 Posts
Yes, that was me, last month. Much sadness on that whole thing. I've made them "work" but it's less than ideal. I run the older versions without hassle, where are you running into problems with them? Are you wanting to wrap your fingers around the extensions? If that's the case, I've always just grabbed the reservior as well, no issues. The '07's don't go as close to the junction, due to the bottom mounted res., if you get it close, they are perpendicular to the ground, no good. Run them farther away, and due to the short lever, you have to grab farther inward on the bar with your hands, which would not be sooo bad, if the levers had more inward adjustment than they do. Problem is, they feel and work, awesome, If they sucked, it would be an easier problem. I contacted JJ about it, he hadn't run into it yet, but was interested, and hopefully can come up with some mod that will be of benefit. Grrrrr.....:madman:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Looking at the units I thought that would be the case. Shame as they look nice and compact.

Cable disks is probably an answer. I suppose the new XTR cable levers have the same shifting action. May think about that.

Cheers

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,484 Posts
gitzit said:
Weren't 06 XTR dual control levers available in hydro? Dual control and the H-bar are a match made in heaven.:thumbsup:
yeah, it's the '07 hydro's that are a problem. The '06's I have are fantastic! FWIW, try the Saint levers if you can find 'em. Same action and build level as XTR, but a more solid feel, very substantial :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's been a month...

and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a solution for this yet?
I think those 2007 XTR dualies are so very beautiful and therefore I want them I know that's wrong but it's true.
And if not, would the V-brake levers be a better way to go, or just get some '06 stuff?
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.