Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2006, we went to Branson, MO for a week. Of course, I brought the bike with me so I could hit Busiek SP trails but the wife got in the way the whole time I was there, I was lucky just to go blurp the 2 mile trail that was close by the hotel.

Then I had a chance at the end of the week to go but then the kids got sick and had to go home early. Doh!!! Of course, my wife abhors my biking aspirations and she keeps demanding that I leave the bike home when we go on vacation. Yeah like that is going to happen LOL.

Thank goodness, this year if we go on a vacation, it won't be at Branson (last 2 years vacationed there and for those who know, the traffic will drive you apeshi*) but will have to look for a place that offers good family entertainment and close by access to trails so I can get my ride on as well. After all, I have to be able to work off the food.

So, living in Missouri trying to find a vacation spot that isn't too far from home (1 days drive) with enough for a family of 5 to do and good trails nearby, what would be the best destination in your humble opinion???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ever been to Lake of the Ozarks? Like Camdenton or Osage Beach. Major vacation area. Traffic is almost as bad as Branson in the summer. I don't know about trails in the area though. Of course, being on the lake almost everything has to do with boating, water skiing, etc. Oh ya, Hahatonka (sp?) is supposed to be amazing, very vacation oriented outdoors stuff. I think its in Osage Beach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.