Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any new info on this bike? I have yet to see an actual picture of the bike so if anyone has one please post it. Also any info on when they are going to be available would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Ryan

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Check the turner forum. 1soulrider has posted some info.

You probably haven't seen any pictures because it's likely they haven't been made yet.

Spring release is what I remember.

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
I'm hoping to get some ride time on an 07 proto DHR soon (1st proto run should be done in the next few weeks or so). If it works out I will post photos and ride impressions for everyone interested in the new DHR.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
latest rendering

DT was kind enough to send me this latest rendering,
I don't know what's up with the head angle ,

The big news is that he changed the pivot location so that when he lowered the BB the pivot WAS NOT lowered- or at least not as much as the BB was. This helps to keep the same "strike angle' of the swingarm to cope with big hits better. As many know when they did the BB MOD to the previous model the wheel path was changed too and came forward a good bit deep in the travel. This change will keep the wheelpath the same as before but will lower your feet.

This last minute change is part of what delayed production a bit. We're sorry for that, we asked him to lower the BB this way instead of lowering the whole bike to improve the ride!

Also if you look at the image on the other thread you can see little changes in the shape of the machined pockets to improve high stress areas. Some pockets have little webs in corners that greatly increases strength when only a few grams of material are moved around. Hooray for computer stress analysis!!!!! Hooray for light AND strong bikes!!!

Sorry to Turner if you get phone calls about this-I figured that people would geek out about the new info since they are patiently waiting for their bikes. Please note that the pivot is still pretty darn low and the bike should still corner like crazy and won't have any pedal feedback- We all know about how concerned DT is about his pivot locations!!! Were talking milimeters here.

Krispy

·
Registered
27 Posts
dhr 2007

hello everybody ,

someone of you do you has any news about dhr ? latest post was 4 weeks ago and I'm extremely curious about this new DT pieces of art , i 'm extremely nervous i want to see my fourth turner dh bike

ciao

Fabio Italy

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Sea Otter may have a few rolling around for your viewing pleasure.

Other than that, I hear in May production could be done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.