Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
April, bummer... I put in a order for one with my shop back in October... first i heard early december, then i heard dec.- jan. then that got pushed back to jan-feb. and now the good word is April... Means no new bike for my spring break trip to moab at the end of march :( First time to moab too...

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
Pretty Normal

Frodo said:
My local bike shop has a few new Spots and Sultans in stock now.
Agree, My local shop has a few new Spots and Sultans . . . sorry to hear the OP has to wait, that is a bummer.

FWIW, a Feb/March realease on an '07 model is not unheard of . . . Specialized has only just released the '07 Enduro in limited numbers, as an example. Turner is doing their best to get frames to the dealers as quickly as they can. This is not the car biz, after all.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Some shops have them in stock, but orders aren't getting filled? They have them in stock, but the release date isn't until April? is that like a showcase thing or demo?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
huh, what uhhh good morning, no you didn't wake me

No not quite asleep. In a line up of 7 frames, the Spot is heavily revised, the Sultan is all new, the RFX almost all new, the Highline gets an all new chainstay and with the XL being added the other 3 sizes were redrawn, and the DHR is completely new. A fool? yes, but not asleep.

Sorry to keep ya'll waiting but I promise you that we are more bummed.

DT

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I too was ancy until last thursday, Its well worth the wait, I am very happy DT. Thanks for your contributions. No complaints here. Heads are a turning and my wheels are a burnin man!
Happy trails

·
Hoodoo Voodoo?
92 Posts
Random Drivel said:
Agree, My local shop has a few new Spots and Sultans . . . sorry to hear the OP has to wait, that is a bummer.

FWIW, a Feb/March realease on an '07 model is not unheard of . . . Specialized has only just released the '07 Enduro in limited numbers, as an example. Turner is doing their best to get frames to the dealers as quickly as they can. This is not the car biz, after all.
So, where are these shops that have 2007 Spots hanging on the rack?

·
Hoodoo Voodoo?
92 Posts
turnerbikes said:
There are no 2007 production frames on the market.
Thanks DT. That was what I suspected. I figured my local guy, who placed my order with you in January, has no reason to tell me anything other than what to expect and that is frames in April.

·
Hoodoo Voodoo?
92 Posts
Frodo said:
I do not understand...I saw 2 Sultans and 2 new Spots at the LBS. Are these frames pre-2007 models?
I don't know where LBS is, but I would think Turner would know what they have shipped and to whom. Is the Sultan a new model for this year? I don't think so but I might be wrong, not into the 29er's at this point. These must be last years models, don't you think?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sure about that

I was at the Path Bike shop in Tustin, CA and they had 2 maybe 3 Turner Sultans on the showroom floor. The two I saw were powder coat black, one being a frame and the other built up. Sultans are definately 2007 models.

·
Registered
42 Posts
#1Hammerhead said:
I don't know where LBS is, but I would think Turner would know what they have shipped and to whom. Is the Sultan a new model for this year? I don't think so but I might be wrong, not into the 29er's at this point. These must be last years models, don't you think?
I would think DT would know what has been shipped but the Sultan is a 2007 model and the tags the dealer had on the frames said 2007 Spots and 2007 Sultans and they had the new headtube badges.

I am happy with my old 2006 5 Spot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
trikobe said:
I was at the Path Bike shop in Tustin, CA and they had 2 maybe 3 Turner Sultans on the showroom floor. The two I saw were powder coat black, one being a frame and the other built up. Sultans are definately 2007 models.
They will be probably unused demo stock.
Go get them :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
Ahem . . . OPPS . . . Errr . . . Ahhhh . . .

turnerbikes said:
There are no 2007 production frames on the market.
It would appear that I stand corrected . . but then most of you know by now I only post worthless info anyway :D :D

So the Spots I saw were 2006 models, but the med Sultan I saw at Sunshine was def 2007, right, DT? Martin said he had a L Sultan coming in this week or next. Since the original post was about the Spot, I assume this is what you are referring to.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go find out where CC got his avatar . . . . .:madman:

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
Random Drivel said:
It would appear that I stand corrected . . but then most of you know by now I only post worthless info anyway :D :D ...Now if you will excuse me, I have to go find out where CC got his avatar . . . . .:madman:
As president of the Uninformed Contributors Club, I'd like to formally extend an invitation to you to join. It's all the rage amongst the Homers. And remember, I'm not just the Uninformed Contributor Club President, I'm also a client.

BTW, what's with these shop's passing off '06 Spots as '07s? Kinda shady, no? Maybe the Sultans on display were demos from Interbike?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.