Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got back from a long ride and realized that the travel adjustment doesn't work on my fork. It seems like it is bleeding back up to 160mm after compression from either 130mm or 100mm. I released all the air and cycled the fork then re-pressurized it and still no lock down. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
I had something similar...

oceanfissure said:
Hey, I just got back from a long ride and realized that the travel adjustment doesn't work on my fork. It seems like it is bleeding back up to 160mm after compression from either 130mm or 100mm. I released all the air and cycled the fork then re-pressurized it and still no lock down. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks
got the 07 36 Talas rc2 and after about 6 to 8 months I noticed that it would not compress to 100mm. The lever was at the 100mm position but it stayed at 130mm. The 160mm setting was fine. I live near Fox so I dropped the fork off under warranty for repair. Fox replaced the 07 internals on both sides with 08 internals. Very happy they did that cause it was like a brand new fork when I got it back. Been riding it for 7 months now without any problems. I use all 3 settings of travel on pretty much every ride I do. Fork is working great. Unfortunately I do not know what the problem was as I was too happy about the new internals and forgot to ask. Sounds like the Talas cart. on yours needs some inspection. Have you called Fox?

G

·
Me too!

I had the same thing happen to my 07 32 talas rlc over the winter. I sent it to Fox and they fixed it no problem. I actually upgraded to the 2008 talas rlc. Unfortunately, the adjustments are starting to fade again. I'm looking at either the 36 float or van to replace it. Travel adjustment issues seem to be a common occurrence here on the boards. I'd rather deal with the taller travel than have to send my fork in once a year. Oh well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.