Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything or got any pictures of the 2007 sx trail? will it still be 170mm ish travel with the demo7 coming in at 180mm travel or will it be based around the 06 150mm travel enduro frame, or maybe 160mm travel to match the rs lyric/fox 36/marz am/nixon 2007 forks? also any news on what shock it will run and whether it will be a standard size?
Cheers, Ben.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that it was going to be similar, i just wondered if there were gonna be any small differences, i expect the frame will stay the same i was just wondering if the shocks were still going to be fox, if they did change the shock then this might alter the angles and/or travel. It would seem that having a 170mm and 180mm travel frame in the range (sx trail and demo 7) would be a bit weird, i know they are different i just wouldn't be surprised if specialized didn't try the differentiate them a bit more.
Cheers, Ben.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! looks like a berrecloth replica though he's now got a weird coloured anodized one, looks very similar to the 2006 model which is no bad thing, cheers for the pic Klaus :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Sure doesn't look like it.... the standover height is only 2 mm lower than the standover of the M-size.
.....

...M-size.....not a bad idea. 2 mm difference in standover is nothing (should the S-size be ok), but I could use the increased top tube lenght.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I dont personally know the weight of the SX II but i built one up from scratch, an XL at 36.5 pds with a boxxer ride. As far as cross country trails, out in my area theres uphills downhills and everything in between and i find myself doing alot more climbing than i have done on my other bikes, usually tip in about 42.5pds. My opinion is if your lookin for a lighter weight DH style handling bike that climbs like a monkey you definently wouldnt go wrong with an SX Trail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Scrider247 said:
The SX Trail is a super versatile bike, really depends on how you set it up. I built up my XL frame with a boxxer ride, crossmax xl wheelset mainly to try and keep the weight down. My whole goal was a fairly lightweight/lighter duty DH bike. I went from a 42.5 pd XL vpfree to a 36.5 pd XL Enduro SX Trail and man i gotta say it was a great choice. not to say that i couldnt do the same setup on a nomad but i like the non chain noises with the FSR design. Build this bike up with a 36 and who knows what you can do with it!

Happy trails
Thanks for the input, I actually feel lucky that I'm your first post lol...So do you have the 2007 or the 2006? If I could get the stock 2006 in the sub 40 range I could handle the weight. Seems like a killer ride for an all around kind of bike. I love my Faith, best bike I've owned to date and I've had quiet a few but I want to do more solo riding with my dog and crank out some mileage but still have the strength when I need it. Again, thanks for the input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I saw your question about a bike i own and really like so i couldnt resist. Ive ridden santa cruz bicycles for 4 years and absolutely love them. To be honest, the only reason im not on a nomad is because they didnt have any XL frames, i have a 2006. Compared to the faith i think youll be very impressed, my find the faith sitting in your garage as a back up. Compared to the VP bikes, dont get me wrong i like VP suspension alot but the FSR is very efficient especially with pro pedal, less matainence or not as much attention need to suspension setup because the DHX that comes is custom valved and is internally pressured and sealed from specialized. Take a look at what you want or how youd want to build your bike vs. the SX II, you could find it more worth it in the long run to take a bit longer and spend just a bit more to get the exact bike you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Scrider247 said:
I saw your question about a bike i own and really like so i couldnt resist. Ive ridden santa cruz bicycles for 4 years and absolutely love them. To be honest, the only reason im not on a nomad is because they didnt have any XL frames, i have a 2006. Compared to the faith i think youll be very impressed, my find the faith sitting in your garage as a back up. Compared to the VP bikes, dont get me wrong i like VP suspension alot but the FSR is very efficient especially with pro pedal, less matainence or not as much attention need to suspension setup because the DHX that comes is custom valved and is internally pressured and sealed from specialized. Take a look at what you want or how youd want to build your bike vs. the SX II, you could find it more worth it in the long run to take a bit longer and spend just a bit more to get the exact bike you want.
The SX II is a dream setup...I just can't believe the weight of it? :confused: I've seen some post its around the low 40's? I'm not sure what you'd swap out though to drop the weight as everything on it seems like where I'd want it at. I wouldn't mind loosing the chainguide, not really a necessity for where I'm riding but I'd gain the weight loss by adding in the front der. and front shifter. Suggestions welcomed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Everybody is diffrent, thats why i was just saying as a suggestion but if its what you desire and you can just swap out a few things and be set the totally go for it. id guess the weight to be between 40-43pds. I wanted to drop weight to help climb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Reamer said:
The SX II is a dream setup...I just can't believe the weight of it? :confused: I've seen some post its around the low 40's? I'm not sure what you'd swap out though to drop the weight as everything on it seems like where I'd want it at. I wouldn't mind loosing the chainguide, not really a necessity for where I'm riding but I'd gain the weight loss by adding in the front der. and front shifter. Suggestions welcomed.
The first places I'd look to save weight would be the cassette and changing to a Ti coil, then I'd take a look at the seatpost and handlebar... You should be able to drop around a pound or two without loosing any strength or rideability. Also, find out what type of tubes are being used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The howitzer bb weighs almost a pound by itself, i would put hone cranks on mine, i would be aiming for 35lb max with rear ti spring and fox 36van, the wheels are another place i would save weight on the standard specs, i'd not need the 36 spokes, cos i only weigh just over 10 stone i can spec relatively lightweight parts, i can scan a magazine pic of the small 2006 bike with the bent top tube in the next day or so jeppe if you like.
Cheers, Ben.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Scrider247 said:
I dont personally know the weight of the SX II but i built one up from scratch, an XL at 36.5 pds with a boxxer ride. As far as cross country trails, out in my area theres uphills downhills and everything in between and i find myself doing alot more climbing than i have done on my other bikes, usually tip in about 42.5pds. My opinion is if your lookin for a lighter weight DH style handling bike that climbs like a monkey you definently wouldnt go wrong with an SX Trail.
I've had something similar in mind. By "SX II" do you mean SX Trail II (6.6") or the actual SX (4.2")? Any photos?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jeppe, i have scanned the pic of the bent top tube sx trail and the whole review from the uk magazine dirt, at the moment it's a 500kb jpg file, whats the best way of making this available for you, do u want it emailing?
 
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top