Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a noob here although I've been lurking a lot lately. Been riding/racing for 10+ years, mostly on Cannondales.

I now have a Specialized Marathon Stumpjumper coming, should be here end of the week. Obviously, I'm really friggin excited. :D

I know most of you ride the FSR's, but I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts/opinions/reviews on my new ride. I'll be using it pretty much for cross country racing here in the midwest, thus the decision to stick with a HT.

• FACT M9 carbon hardtail frame, Az1 constuction w/ Mono-stay seatstays
  • Fox F90X, 90mm travel, air spring, inertia valve w/ threshold and rebound adjust, alloy steerer
  • Magura Marta, hydraulic disc brakes
  • SRAM X.0, 9-speed, rear derailleur
  • SRAM X.0, carbon/aluminum trigger shifters
  • Mavic XM-819 Disc rims, 26", black, welded seam, tubeless

thanks,
bigD

·
Just Wanna Ride!
1,374 Posts
I can't help with a review, but wanted to say that that things looks sweet!! Great choice - seems like the carbon frame would help with some vibration and should accelerate like a rocket!

You'll have to post some pics and a review once you've had a chance to ride it!

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
I think you will LOVE that bike. I personally stick to FS bikes because i have knee problems, but the components (especially the magura brakes!) are freakin sweet, the XO shifters and derailluer combo are awesome, i used to swear by XTR, but not anymore.

I have actually never ridden a hardtail offroad, but i have ridden a full carbon specialized bike on the road, and to be honest the frame was alot more than expected......in a good way! Its hard to describe, but the thing was super stiff, and i could tell every ounce of power i put out went right into spinning that rear wheel and propelling me faster, yet the frame road INCREDIBLY smooth over bumps (it seemed as though NO vibes got to my rear end or hands)....smooth enough that i had to look back and make sure i wasent riding the FSR!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice ride you are getting. I will be shopping for the same bike in late summer--hoping for a good deal. Currently I ride a 2007 FSR and love it, but think I'd get good use out of the Marathon Carbon as well. Please post more when you have ridden your new ride enough to give a review.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone know the factory stock 2007 Marathon Carbon weight? Let's say in a Medium size...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, just got home with her and snapped a few pics. So far, seems to be very sweet. Unfortunately we got hit with 5" of snow here today so I can't really get a good ride in for awhile....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aeroshots said:
Anyone know the factory stock 2007 Marathon Carbon weight? Let's say in a Medium size...
Just got a call from my dealer, the Marathon is here (pics coming later tonight)! So I was pretty close on my weight guess, my 19" (with pedals) is just over 24 lbs. woo hoo!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice! No snow here--you could always send your bike to me and I;ll let you know how cool it is;) Congrats on the new ride.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts