Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
yea... the color scheme of the stab looks like the reverted to the old ones... you guys think the pricing will maintain the same or will be alot higher?

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
The color scheme of the new [edit] King is amazingly cool!!!!!:cornut: :rockon: :band: :cornut:

Ugh, too bad I just got my Leroi as a replacement frame and haven't even had a chance to ride it yet!!!:madman:

Must............stop..............buying..............bike...................stuff......:madman: :nono: :madman:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wowzers.

Interesting stuff I noticed:
Coilair Supreme
Queen Kikapu
basic Dawg and Kikapu get rear air shocks
(and lots of other cool new stuff)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dawg Fu said:
Wowzers.

Coilair Supreme
Queen Kikapu
I'm also digging the Coilair, but too bad the ditched the Talas fork. I would have expected this on the top model, but perhaps they want to keep the cost down. I don't think the $4k Coilair was selling like hot cakes.... that's a lot of cash for a bike.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dawg Fu said:
Wowzers.

I think 2006 was the only recent year they didn't have air out back. My 2005 Kik has a standard Fox Float, and I'm pretty sure the '04's did as well.

Anyone know how much that Paddy Wagon in going to sell for? I'm not sure I'd want to run it in fixed mode, but it is super clean.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,219 Posts
hallin222 said:
I think 2006 was the only recent year they didn't have air out back. My 2005 Kik has a standard Fox Float, and I'm pretty sure the '04's did as well.
My 04 Kikapu had a Vanilla.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Acme54321 said:
My 04 Kikapu had a Vanilla.
I stand corrected. Thanks. I guess all the 2004's I've seen on the trail have been upgraded by their owners.

It looks like the 2005 was the year to buy. :thumbsup: I got it in late '05 as a 'kind of' a holdover, and paid way less for it than the lower-speced 2006. Sweet.

I think I like the switch to the some of RockShox's products in the mid-grade stuff for 2007. I like the features of some of their new forks like the Tora, etc.

·
Registered
376 Posts
oooooooohhh The Coiler!

I thought i would say something... I like the plian Coiler for a few reasons.

1. The Colour, blue! Thast not saying that the 2006 Grey was bad, its just that i would prefer blue. Remember IMO.

2. 20mm front hub. adds stiffness, although its a cheap hub, its still 20mm!

3. Decals on the 2006 Marz. Drop Off IV look pretty slick, although the fork is bad :(

I like how there is also a normal coilair... cool.

Thats all...
-Laurence

·
thecentralscrutinizer
3,005 Posts
The bikes look great, but I was surprised to see that they dropped alot of the Fox Forx from the line-up. Last RockShox I rode wiggles like a plate of Jello. Kona had to make this change to reduce cost as someone else said, I'm guessing.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Yeah they did I just don't think they had a separate category for them. Hei Hei bikes are new if I'm not mistaken tho.

I really enjoy my 2006 Kula now, and the GranFondo suspension seems to be pretty nice, but when I test rode the Kula Deluxe I loved the Fox suspension. Too bad it was out of my price range, I maybe consider getting a new fork and hand the GranFondo down to a single speed I am building, but I bet the prices are up there for the Fox Forks.

·
thecentralscrutinizer
3,005 Posts
dubbs said:
Is the Hei Hei a titanium frame?
Looks like scandium tubing. Just like "The King" frames from the last couple years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts