Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for 2007 SRAM X.7 trigger shifter but in 8 speed version. SRAM website says they are available in 8 speed but I can't seem to find any retailers that would carry these. Has anybody seen them for sale anywhere or know any info on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Another member contacted Sram a while back and was told that the 8 speed triggers are available OEM only. When new versions are introduced, some of the older models become available. Price Point has 2005 X7 in 8 speed triggers.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically in another year we won't see any SRAM 8 speed products at all? That totally sucks. I need to get my hands on the new 8 speed triggers.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
You probably won't find them

daniyarm said:
So basically in another year we won't see any SRAM 8 speed products at all? That totally sucks. I need to get my hands on the new 8 speed triggers.
I could be way off on this but I don't think you'll be finding the '07 X.7 triggers in 8 speed. If SRAM is putting OEM 8 speed triggers out for manufacturers who still spec 8 speed bikes, they are probably using the older design. It just doesn't make sense to retool for items that are going on 8 speed bikes, which in most instances are entry level specs. If you want the '07 X.7 architecture, pony up for a 9 speed cassetted, or buy the '05 OEM at Price Point. Another option is to look for NOS X.9 8 speed triggers, which are for all intent and purpose the same triggers as the '07 X.7.

Bob

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just spoke to SRAM tech department and they confirmed that as of this year they will no longer make 8 speed trigger shifters for the X line. I guess in a way it's a forced upgrade to 9 speed drivetrain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.