Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Ebay you can get a 2007 Aeris (roughly the same weight) as last years and it's only $350 plus shipping. :confused: 1215 grams.

Does anybody know anything about this? Seems to good to be true. Spinner's website doesn't even reflect 2007 forks.

I was considering a German A: fork but at this price, weight, and spul valve I can't resist.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
NOT the Aeris!

note:
it's NOT the Aeris we are thinking of!
it says "Aeris sport" in the item description. it says "alloy crown" and you can clearly see it doesn't have the titanium crown and it has adjustement knobs which the lightweight Aeris doesn't have.

to me that looks more like the Spinner "Echo":
http://www.spinner-usa.com/sf_allmountain_echo.html

the "real" Aeris looks different:

Attachments

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
I almost bought one (even won the bid) and when I asked them about the special spacer washer for the Ti crown they pointed out that the crown was actually aluminium and not Ti, so there was no Ti in the fork unlike their description which listed the materials and it weighed 1.4kg. They refunded my payment and cancelled the sale.

Sure looked like a deal.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know nino. Looking at the Echo and the "Aeris Sport" on ebay the crown, fork and seals are all different between these two forks. The seller also has pretty consistent feedback.

I really don't mind if it doesn't have the Ti crown because I'm not sure what benefit it provides over aluminum.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
1405g...

here's a picture of that fork. a loooong way from the advertized weight...

a german guy bought it from Ebay and is quite disappointed as he too expected the "real" Aeris. but 1400g is still not all that bad if the fork performs good which still has to be seen.

Attachments

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
I saw that fork on Fleabay last week. My thoughts were thus: "That's kinda ugly," and "I woudn't touch a Spinner with a ten foot pole after reading peoples tortured tuning processes just to get the claimed 80mm of travel." 1400g is not light. At that weight I'd opt for the Fox which is just a few grams heavier for 2007 this year. I personally wouldn't buy a new fork off Ebay because of the lack of a warantee. Suspension forks and warantees go well together.;)

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Slobberdoggy said:
:cornut: Axis it was a "growing" experience.
One man's growing experience is another man's?......experience of torture, maybe? I'm being tortured enough at the moment with the Fournales.:eekster:

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
what about the Forunales?

maybe i didn't follow close enough...no luck with the Fournales? problems? i'm curious...

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
that's good news

DeeEight said:
His kona's headtube is too long for the fork....
good news. it would be a pity to ruin that sweet looking frame with that fork;)

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Axis II said:
One man's growing experience is another man's?......experience of torture, maybe? I'm being tortured enough at the moment with the Fournales.:eekster:
MY EYES...
MYEYES....
:yikes:

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
nino said:
good news. it would be a pity to ruin that sweet looking frame with that fork;)
LMAO!!

No, he is going to dremmel down his head tube :madman: :rolleyes:

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
DeeEight said:
His kona's headtube is too long for the fork....
Correct. This small Kona oversight is being addressed. All info at this point is proprietary.;) At this point I would go to no end and spare no cost simply to spite those mean, envious and evildoing naysayers that have plagued me like annoying nats on my glorious march to Look Fournales success!!:thumbsup: I would like DirtBoy and Nino to pay particular attention in the coming weeks as more info and progress unfolds- dare I say we can expect THE WORLD'S LIGHTEST FOURNALES?.....perhaps, yes!!!:drumroll:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought one of these Aeris on fleabay back in December, but I got it for under $250.00. The seller was very upfront about the weight before the sell, came in at 1417g uncut with v-brake bosses. I contacted spinner and they said it was a fork being released as an Aeris sport. The nice thing was that there were no mods required to get the 80mm of travel and the damper adj. I've got a little over 400 miles on it thus far. The fork has surprised me in terms of performance, and I feel it is a solid XC race fork. It is not the plushest thing around, and my only fear is getting any replacement parts, seals etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
nino said:
here's a picture of that fork. a loooong way from the advertized weight...

a german guy bought it from Ebay and is quite disappointed as he too expected the "real" Aeris. but 1400g is still not all that bad if the fork performs good which still has to be seen.
Hi Nino,

I didn´t buy it yet, even if it comes down cheap.
Although it would be for my next winter project 2008, I going for a R7 Elite or Pace or even German A. Still time to think about.

cheers
Lars

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.