Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
RYAN E said:
Specialized Has'nt Released anything on any high end bikes except an 07' SJ
Yeah specialized does this every year.:madman: I'm curious to see what prices is going to be like. they were kind of crazy for the carbon bikes and wonder if many people purchased them or if it drove the prices down a bit due to lack of sales.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I bet atleast one of specialized's new bikes uses the new for 2007 Truvativ "vomit green" colored components. I'm also guessing they bring back the dual 26" wheeled P.1, or change the Cr-Mo by atleast changing the grips. Those grips where new two years ago, and Specialized is apparently trying to get rid of them by selling them for $6 a pair instead of 11. Waste of 6 bucks if you ask me . . .

I'm guessing they discountinue the P.2 Cr-Mo.

Oh, I've seen pics of the new Demo 7, and it is frickin' awesome! It's all gold and black now (the demo 7). They discountinued the Demo 9's, stuck with the Demo 8's, and are introducing Demo 7's with single crown forks.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Man, those are awesome. It looks like Specialized just went through a rough patch for 06 and is coming back. I want an 07 P2 Cr-Mo! Really bad! By the time I finally get a bike, that sick thing'll be out. I say it's gonna cost 980 or more. Heres the Specialized P. All Mountain. Does that say rockhopper or what?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
looks like the P.3 has lost its Sun MTX rims, its Truvativ Holzfeller crankset, and still doesn't seem to have a replacable dropout which I prefer for doing trials in case the disc mount cracks. Maybe thats just a preview show model without the actual parts on it (I guess so cause the crankset looks like nothing) What I love about it though is that it finally has the XO deraileur. Hopefully its lighter than the 2006!
Please! somebody release the specs of the P.3 if you have em?
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Actually, I have a picture of MOST of the P.1. It's got both brakes this year! Dual 26's! It's behind the picture of the hardrock.

CHECK IT OUT!

I'm planning on either gettin' this or a P.2 Cr-Mo. Maybe even a P.2 if I'm lucky. I kinda want mechanical brakes, though. I want to learn to service them myself and stuff, and hydros look too hard for now.

Ryan E, wher'd you find a pic of the p.2?

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
I just saw a picture of the american hardrock Comp for 2007. its like blood red with black decals, pretty much same component spec. really freaking cool for this year, also I got a sneak peak at the 07 rockhoppers and stumpjumpers. the rockhopper and stumpjumpers look the same, the hardrocks are going to be really sick in 2007. I was just going to get a hardrock sport for XC, but now i'm saveing for the Comp, assumeing that Specialized hasnt bumped it up $200.00

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I actually saw an 07 Hardrock sport at my LBS. It retails for $500 just like the old one. I don't get something, though. All the shifters on the hardrock sports and sport disks say SRAM X7. Aren't they X4's? The deraillers say SRAM X4 though.

I kinda wanted singlespeed, but I think I may just have to spring for the P.2 Cr-Mo. I don't care how gay this sounds (none of you technically know me), it's pretty!

Seriously, that white kicks the P.1 green in the ass. With steel toed, metal cleated boots. And if I break the derailler, I can convert the bike to singlespeed and whatdayahknow! It's a P.1 with a kickass paintjob!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.