Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to buy a brand new 2007 Specialized Epic Expert for $2300. I've test ridden the bike and fell in love with how light and nimble it was. At $800 off msrp it is certainly a good deal; I'm just not certain it is the best use of the money. I was a student-athlete in college and am now looking for a new sport to train/compete in. I'm 6'1" about 205 lbs and mainly ride XC. My dilemna is whether I should pull the trigger on this bike or find a used Jamis Dakar XC Pro (another bike I've ridden and thought was great) for about half the price. Thanks in advance.
~Pedro

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
HMMMnnnnnnnnn

Nobody discounts Specialized that much, unless there's something weird going on.

If it's legal, I'd grab it, the bike is one of the best and at the price, it's a steal (pun intended)

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Discount + $500 coupon

so the bike is a test bike, but nobody else has ever taken it out. it was built the morning that i took it out. the guy at the LBS was real cool and offered to sell it to me at the deep discount.

the only reason i rented the bike was because i was waiting for a Jamis I bought on ebay. the bike just showed up a month late, but i've already gotten my money back from paypal. i contacted the seller and he said to just keep it, so now i have a free bike. i'm gonna sell it and use the money towards the specialized.

so in the end, i get the $3100 bike i always wanted for $1800. thanks for the push in the right direction.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Big Rig said:
the only reason i rented the bike was because i was waiting for a Jamis I bought on ebay. the bike just showed up a month late, but i've already gotten my money back from paypal. i contacted the seller and he said to just keep it, so now i have a free bike
wow, a free bike! that is so cool:eek:

·
Banned
462 Posts
Big Rig said:
so the bike is a test bike, but nobody else has ever taken it out. it was built the morning that i took it out. the guy at the LBS was real cool and offered to sell it to me at the deep discount.

the only reason i rented the bike was because i was waiting for a Jamis I bought on ebay. the bike just showed up a month late, but i've already gotten my money back from paypal. i contacted the seller and he said to just keep it, so now i have a free bike. i'm gonna sell it and use the money towards the specialized.

so in the end, i get the $3100 bike i always wanted for $1800. thanks for the push in the right direction.
Drool... nice bike. Jamis... or Epic? hmmm... not a tough choice if it were up to me. (I don't have to tell you which one I would pick do I?) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.