Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I'm looking at a 2007 Enduro Comp SL on Craigslist. Looks like a decent deal. Says it has the stock e-150 shock on it but dealer upgraded to 2008 internals. Heard some bad things about the e-150 (expensive to fix, breaks down easily, travel doesn't work). It has been posted for nearly a month, good bikes usually don't last more than a couple days. Was wondering if anyone had any input on this bike/setup? I ride in CO and usually doing all mountain/xc. Thanks

G

·
Best bike I've ever owned. I've had none of the spec brand suspension that others have had. If it's in good shape I'd be all over it. What's the price?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have an 07 that I bought from Craigslist. I love the bike, it's my all all-around bike (xc, am, light fr/dh), Had problems with the travel adjust and losing air but it was all fixed when I had the fork serviced. When I finally decided to buy this bike, it was already close to a month since it was first listed, watched it till the price got down to the price I'm willing to pay, and was still able to hagle it down a little when I checked out the bike. Been changing parts here and there since I got the bike till I got to the set-up that I like. The price to service the fork is reasonable, Specialized serviced it and they warranty the job for a year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
///M3N how much did it cost for the servicing? I'm pretty broke and was wondering if servicing this bike is gonna be out of my price range if it breaks.

G

·
I've had no issues. Spec did the 08 upgrade and I've been good ever since. The fork service is 125 if you did have to have it serviced.

·
Registered
139 Posts
bradley03 said:
///M3N how much did it cost for the servicing? I'm pretty broke and was wondering if servicing this bike is gonna be out of my price range if it breaks.
I was originally quoted $160 for a 150 hr service but they only had to do a 100 hr service $100 + $35 for the shipping charges to Specialized. Check out the bike, if the suspensions are still good, you can hold off in servicing it. I was still able to get about a years use since I got the bike before really had to have it fixed.

·
Registered
586 Posts
///M3N said:
I was originally quoted $160 for a 150 hr service but they only had to do a 100 hr service $100 + $35 for the shipping charges to Specialized. Check out the bike, if the suspensions are still good, you can hold off in servicing it. I was still able to get about a years use since I got the bike before really had to have it fixed.
For $25 more, I'd have gone with the 150hr service (the big service). The good thing about the 150hr service is that you can also ask them to revalve your fork in addition to rebuilding/changing internal parts of the air and rebound cartridges. The 100hr service means they just pretty much change the seals and put in new oil and grease, and you can do this in 1 hr after a few times of servicing it yourself.

·
Registered
139 Posts
chauzie said:
For $25 more, I'd have gone with the 150hr service (the big service). The good thing about the 150hr service is that you can also ask them to revalve your fork in addition to rebuilding/changing internal parts of the air and rebound cartridges. The 100hr service means they just pretty much change the seals and put in new oil and grease, and you can do this in 1 hr after a few times of servicing it yourself.
They actually did a full rebuild on the fork not just new seals and oil, so I think they did 150 hr service for a 100 hr price.

·
Registered
890 Posts
bradley03 said:
So you guys think $1100 is a good deal?
$1k for this bike is a great deal, this bike will do everything you can throw at it. And in the end if you don't like the suspension down the road then you can change it. The bike out of the box is great, and really depends on how your going to be riding whether certain components are weak or not. Really depends on what your riding though.

As for the the e150, I put 700 miles on my fork before I started to have issues with it. So basically maintenance free for almost the whole year. I have beat on this fork and ride it like I stole it, I don't just go out and ride for the views and at the same time respecting and keeping up with the usual maintenance. I wouldn't worry about the suspension. Just make sure you push down on the fork and rear shock and make sure it moves smoothly and doesn't feel hollow or dry. Cause you don't want to buy the bike, then have to dish out a couple hundred bucks to service the suspension.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Where is this bike located? Just want to make sure im not looking at the same one, dont want to step on any ones toes...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts