Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have my LBS looking for a ti spring to go on my Socom which has a fox dhx 5 on it, the current steel spring is a 400 x 3.25 and they tell me that no one makes that length spring stock unless I had it custom made from I think Renthal for a bunch of money. What springs have people put on these frames/ fox dhx 5 shock combos? They mentioned that I might want to put a 3.0 on it or see if a 3.5 fits...., although what are the tradeoffs of going with a slightly shorter spring or longer (I doubt longer would fit though...) I think they are going to call Intense today and see what they suggest, but I thought I might as well also ask the MTBR community too!

thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
241 Posts
Fox marks their springs differently then the rest of the world. A 3" spring will work perfectly fine for the 3" stroke Fox shock.

http://www.diverse-mfg.com/mtb/titaniummtbshockspring.html

one of the better springs around.

Obtainium springs seem to keep a few people happy, but I don't care much for the adapters that are needed.

Ebay can offer up some good deals if you keep your eyes peeled.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
There's a few used ones available if you know where to look.

I run this Progressive 450# ti spring on my Socom....

Attachments

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
kntr said:
MUDD,
What do you weigh?
220 fully loaded. The 450# on the CCDB still feels a bit stiff for my riding style, but I'm still "dialing it in".
My DHX-5 has a 400# spring. I like to run about 40% static sag. More of a freeride feel to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.