1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
artistic...
7,602 Posts
can i see more pics of the motobecane hardtail?:D

·
artistic...
7,602 Posts
thats' so sandy and dry. where is the singletrack?;)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
colker1 said:
thats' so sandy and dry. where is the singletrack?;)
That picture was the end of the climb from hell. On top of that, I Blew out my rear cassette which made that climb even more miserable. Arggghhhh........

The descent (thru the single track) was excellent!!! a little sandy but not too bad. I believe we were too busy having fun to take pictures of that!!

The hi-speed descent was an adventure... Yea, that was my bead blowout :D Luckily I have mastered the "duck and roll" maneuver or else we could have been talking about this in the "Rider Down" thread.

Excellent day overall. I enjoyed riding with all you guys, and a thanks out to Rumpfy for putting this together!!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Joe Steel said:
Bead blow-out...

On a descent...

Instant stop...

(The tube stayed intact. We deflated the tube, reseated the bead, pumped 'er up, and finished the ride).
A special thanks to you for having that pump handy!!! :thumbsup:
I think I owe you several beers for that!

Had a great time riding with you guys!!! That last climb was brutal with no granny gears (and let me tell you, I was beggin' granny for sure). We ended up riding back home and at the end of the day, that's always a victory after an adventure like that.

total damage for that ride :
1 grab-on grip
1 6-speed cassette
a little elbow road rash....

btw
thanks for taking pics too!

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The rest of the pics I've got:

Retrocowboy on the Otis Guy.

Sallen on the Landshark, C.L. on the Bonty SS.

CRConsulting on his Ritchey:

Jeffh and ibikergal. Jeff's Miyata Ridgerunner Team was by far the heaviest bike. Total tank. :p

Mr. Joe Steel's Bontrager SS.

GeoffSS's 'vintage' Spooky.

The owner of this bike is a badass:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Meet and ride recap

A quick recap of Friday.

The infamous Charlie Kelly, Alan Bonds, and Billy Savage rolled by the MTBR booth on the early side and stopped to chat for a bit.
I must say, a complete honor to have you guys come out and hang out. (Charlie on his early Ritchey, Alan and Billy on fully restored, dialed in Klunkers)

A bit later on, CK came back to mingle along with Gary Fisher. :thumbsup:

The first year we did the vintage meet, it was small. It's grown a bit each year (not by much) but it's always been fun.

This year I wasn't sure what to expect, but the turn out of old bikes and VRC'ers ready to ride this year was fantastic. Really really great to hand out and hit the trails with you guys.

We got off to a slow start with some mechanicals (holy blow out CR!), our tandem riders flatted as well. But we got through a lot of the course.

Five of us finished out the complete lap.
Joe, CL, Sallen, and myself finished it last year in the worst of weather.
This year GeoffSS joined us to round out the group for the full run.

It should also be noted that we came across a young lady with a broke chain. Joe had the spare link, Sallen provided the mechanic work to get her back up and running.

She was HOT! Kind of a Niki Grudex look to her. It didn't suck.
The weather didn't suck either...beautiful day...which is more than I can say for Saturday.

Sunday was a bit windy, but a I got a chance to hang out with some of the VRC crew again that afternoon.

Another fantastic weekend.

You can be sure we'll do it again next year!

·
Registered
94 Posts
This was a ton of fun guys. Thanks for a killer ride and to CL for the Sierra Nevada at the end!

This should not be a 'once-a-year' ride. Most of us are Bay Area locals.

-Chris

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
sallen said:
This was a ton of fun guys. Thanks for a killer ride and to CL for the Sierra Nevada at the end!

This should not be a 'once-a-year' ride. Most of us are Bay Area locals.

-Chris
Looks like a good turn out. Im bummed I missed it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fillet Brazed

I was expecting to see pictures of you and your bike. I really wanted to go but I had to work on Friday.:madman:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts