Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I'm a little frightened by all the endurance events in the area for 2007. Afraid of how much pain I will need to subject myself to trying to prepare for them. I did the SM100 last year (survived to CP 4) and kinda got hooked. I know I will never be fast enough for the short races. They end so quickly it's barely worth the effort to train. But the endurance races are a lot different. Beer, camping, Scud's fries, more beer, ...oh, and a ride too. More bang for the buck.

Just need to decide if I will try those 12-13 hour events solo or find someone at my level that doesn't mind coming in last to enter with :)

·
853+29+1x24=Fun
1,020 Posts
I did 3 races solo last year. Lodi, The Burn and 18hrs on The Farm. It's great fun but I do suffer but I like that :) You'll either love it or hate it. I got better after each race as I learned things. I really messed up at Lodi last year and hope to redeem myself. I went out way too fast and didn't eat right. I finshed the SM-100 in just over 12 with a mechanical problem that ate about 30 minutes. I hope to get in around 11 hours this year. I'm thinking about doing the Wilderness 101 and I'm signed up for La Ruta this year. I like the little short races too. I do Wed @ Wakefield and a couple of the Cranky Monekys.

I just got a response to my email I set awhile back. According to the guys at Team Bike Works the Lodi race is on May 6th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.