Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are tired of getting beat by some shaved-leg roadie type on a stupid light carbon Trek and SID, Titus announces a limited edition Racer X. Candy red ano frame, and full-on new, yet to be released XTR components. It's a limited run of 100 and probably the first bike in production with the new XTR stuff. A few racers have it, but now you can have it on a Racer X.
I'd post a picture , but the only attachment I have is too large for this forum.
E-mail me for the PDF file. [email protected]
Press release is July 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
From the pimps at Titus comes this email:
Greetings!

We are proud to announce the release of an all-new 2007 Limited Edition Racer X.

The new Racer X is the culmination of 13 years of suspension design and refinement and has been the bench mark for cross-country race bikes for over 12 years. The Limited Edition model will feature a special Candy Apple Red anodized color and black anodized swingarm. The 2007 frame will again be available in a full range of 7 sizes and will also feature the new 2007 Fox RP23 rear shock and F100RLC fork.

Through a unique product development partnership with Shimano, Titus has received special allocation on a limited number of the highly-touted new M970 XTR groups - months before it is available to the rest of the industry. The new XTR Group has been totally redesigned for 2007 and features new Rapidfire Shifters, a state-of-art new Hollowtech II crankset and dramatically improved shifting from its new rear derailleur. In addition to the exciting new group this bike will also feature the 2007 ultra-lightweight XTR tubeless wheelset, which weighs in at a scant 1530 grams for the set.

With a target delivery of early August, the 2007 Limited Edition Racer X will be confined to a short run of 100 units. The complete bike only will have a suggested retail price of $5999 and will be offered to the public through U.S. dealers only.

We will be preordering a few.. get your money ready NOW, as they are already 1/2 sold out (within a day)

 

·
K n e e m o i
Joined
·
506 Posts
I guess the frame is the same as 06, except with different anodized color on the front triangle and black anodization on the rear.

Rp23 does seem pretty damn tempting. But 6000 dollars........for a bike......that's almost as much as a carbon S Epic.
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
Well It Is A RX...

Daffunda said:
I guess the frame is the same as 06, except with different anodized color on the front triangle and black anodization on the rear.

Rp23 does seem pretty damn tempting. But 6000 dollars........for a bike......that's almost as much as a carbon S Epic.
And a darned good looking one at that. But $6000, if I could swing that I'd be more inclined to be checking out somthing a little more... EXO...tastic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Current '06 Racer X's

Right now an '06 Racer X with an Ultimate build kit retails for $5350...This new one is not that far off the mark.
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
Good Point...

AssClown said:
Right now an '06 Racer X with an Ultimate build kit retails for $5350...This new one is not that far off the mark.
Sometimes I forget just how broke I am... Thanks for reminding me "ha ha".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
blackagness said:
Sometimes I forget just how broke I am... Thanks for reminding me "ha ha".
Not being an ass, but for that money it would be better to go Ti or ExoGrid..............

Just finished a sweet early eveing ride for two hours, the bike is rocking. Dam hot here though, 31 deg C, melting the Whafe it is....

That is a sweet looking ride though above, I am a SRAM type a guy though.........They willl sell like hotcakes, 1 hundy is not many in your big US of A market. Get in quick FULLAS:thumbsup:
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Well, the price is just suggested retail...

Maybe some dealers will offer it for a lower price (not that it will become a bargain, though) to loyal customers.

Some weight weenies will bite the bullet without a second thought. I ignore how light it is, but the newer XTR is silly light (actually lighter than current).

The wheels are a big improvement over previous Shimano stuff as the wheels have a engagement similar to that of a Hope Bulb (or half as fast as a CK) and are stupidly light.

Man... why I was born broke?
 

·
K n e e m o i
Joined
·
506 Posts
I think if you don't make a living off of racing and you sell your fully tricked out 06 RX to get this 6 grand one, then Titus has you by your ballsack, and may need serious help. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
hammerheadbikes said:
From the pimps at Titus comes this email:
Greetings!

We are proud to announce the release of an all-new 2007 Limited Edition Racer X.

The new Racer X is the culmination of 13 years of suspension design and refinement and has been the bench mark for cross-country race bikes for over 12 years. The Limited Edition model will feature a special Candy Apple Red anodized color and black anodized swingarm. The 2007 frame will again be available in a full range of 7 sizes and will also feature the new 2007 Fox RP23 rear shock and F100RLC fork.

Through a unique product development partnership with Shimano, Titus has received special allocation on a limited number of the highly-touted new M970 XTR groups - months before it is available to the rest of the industry. The new XTR Group has been totally redesigned for 2007 and features new Rapidfire Shifters, a state-of-art new Hollowtech II crankset and dramatically improved shifting from its new rear derailleur. In addition to the exciting new group this bike will also feature the 2007 ultra-lightweight XTR tubeless wheelset, which weighs in at a scant 1530 grams for the set.

With a target delivery of early August, the 2007 Limited Edition Racer X will be confined to a short run of 100 units. The complete bike only will have a suggested retail price of $5999 and will be offered to the public through U.S. dealers only.

We will be preordering a few.. get your money ready NOW, as they are already 1/2 sold out (within a day)

Wow only 6 GRAND.. whatta bargin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Daffunda said:
I think if you don't make a living off of racing and you sell your fully tricked out 06 RX to get this 6 grand one, then Titus has you by your ballsack, and may need serious help. :D
the odds are that a year from now someone will be selling theres for less than half of the 6 grand there asking for... for that kinda money i would be looking at Ti, carbon, exo combo thing also
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
Warp said:
Well, the price is just suggested retail...

Maybe some dealers will offer it for a lower price (not that it will become a bargain, though) to loyal customers.

Some weight weenies will bite the bullet without a second thought. I ignore how light it is, but the newer XTR is silly light (actually lighter than current).

The wheels are a big improvement over previous Shimano stuff as the wheels have a engagement similar to that of a Hope Bulb (or half as fast as a CK) and are stupidly light.

Man... why I was born broke?
I know they would have had loads of testing on that groupo, but I would not want to be a guine pig on those wheels..............................Born broke, you mau have a far more fulfilling life than someone thats not broke ya know Warp, loot doesnt make you happy....:thumbsup:
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Whafe said:
I know they would have had loads of testing on that groupo, but I would not want to be a guine pig on those wheels
I would... not for full retail though.

Whafe said:
Born broke, you mau have a far more fulfilling life than someone thats not broke ya know Warp, loot doesnt make you happy....:thumbsup:
I do... and I'm happy with it. Just last night wifey and I got semi-drunk having some beers and beefs... we ate like pigs and drank like bavarians...

I got tired of thanking God for that!
Nice times, a loving wife, a killer bike... what else can you ask for to life?
Even if I have to work my arse off to get it, I can't complain and I'm very happy.

Being born poor taught me to fight for the things I want and be thankful for the gifts I pick on the way... like that awesome fork!
 

·
Ti is addictive
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
That sure is one purty bike, but 6K for a aluminum Racer-X???!!!??!!:madman:

I'm a fan of Titus and the racer-X but I gotta say Holy Shizbit!!!!!!:nono:

Can't say I was close to those numbers on my build and I got to handpick my parts. The picture there shoes generic post and stem. And is goin 07 XTR really gonna save that much weight over goin MacDaddy on pickin parts like Whafe did. Personally I think goin Red Marta's, Red I-9 wheels and and Manitou R7-super in Red would have been more pimpin, and as we all know red makes you go faster.;)

But for those who got the coin, the desire and the balls to sneak that bike past the wife I say go for it.:thumbsup:
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
(Melting The Whafe It Is)

Whafe said:
Not being an ass, but for that money it would be better to go Ti or ExoGrid..............

Just finished a sweet early eveing ride for two hours, the bike is rocking. Dam hot here though, 31 deg C, melting the Whafe it is....

That is a sweet looking ride though above, I am a SRAM type a guy though.........They willl sell like hotcakes, 1 hundy is not many in your big US of A market. Get in quick FULLAS:thumbsup:
Hey Whafe!.... When did you become a Pirate. AAAARRR" now I know how me wee lasy got up the booty for that there exogrid aaarrrrrrrrr!!!! He'll probably be back to pilage our shores again one dayyy aaarrrrr!!!

Sorry I recently watched Pirates of the Carrabion for the 50th time last weekend.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
TiEndo said:
That sure is one purty bike, but 6K for a aluminum Racer-X???!!!??!!:madman:

I'm a fan of Titus and the racer-X but I gotta say Holy Shizbit!!!!!!:nono:

Can't say I was close to those numbers on my build and I got to handpick my parts. The picture there shoes generic post and stem. And is goin 07 XTR really gonna save that much weight over goin MacDaddy on pickin parts like Whafe did. Personally I think goin Red Marta's, Red I-9 wheels and and Manitou R7-super in Red would have been more pimpin, and as we all know red makes you go faster.;)

But for those who got the coin, the desire and the balls to sneak that bike past the wife I say go for it.:thumbsup:
Brother, couldnt agree more, 6K is some a load of coin. Once you get those red Martas, a trend will start.. I love the look of them, but there is no way Red Martas can go on the Whafes ExoGrid, OTT.................. Cant wait to see yours..............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
DaveX said:
I'm wondering how much of that 6K is covering the cost of the new XTR
According to Shimano, the new XTR is going to be 10-15% more expensive than the M960 group. And for what it's worth here's what you would pay for an Exo Racer X with an Ultimate build kit and CrossMax SL's....$6520. I bet an Exo RX with M970 will be pushing a bit more than 7G's.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top