Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the 2007 iron horse wc? if so how is it, what is the weight, how does it pedal? i am riding a V-10 right now but looking into the new iron horses and would just like to here what people have to say about them. thanks.

·
Where's the chair lift?
293 Posts
07 IH Sunday WC!!

Hey Bud, check out Go-Ride.com. They are a dealer for IH and usually those guys have pretty good feedback about the goods they sell. I tried the 06 at Whistler last season and liked it. Take care! Good luck! :thumbsup:

IntenseRdr
07 SOCOM
Whistler and Keystone in 07 (Again!)
6 years in a row hitting Whistler. :band:

·
Registered
160 Posts
My buddy just went from a V-10 to the Sunday and bleeping loves the thing. I havent heard anything bad, but then again nothing wrong with a V-10

·
Registered
25 Posts
fresh off the v10 on to the IH WC and love it. the bb height is like no other, corners like my 4x, takes big hits like a big bike, awsome!!

i have looked into the factory as opposed to the WC complete and i really don't notice the weight difference. they say roughly about less than a pound in frame only weight. if you can find a screaming deal on a complete WC or TEAM, take it!! not saying that an overseas made frame is any better but same results as usa made frame when riding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rover Nick said:
Where do you get a factory frame from?
go-ride.com
fluidride.com
rscycle.com (randall scott's web site)

Factory is just the frame set only, and its usa made. what ever they work the same to me. don't get me wrong. i like light weight things, ti springs on the dhx, air fork, xo shitfers, etc......... but 4-8oz. off the frame........! i can live with out it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
jov10 said:
fresh off the v10 on to the IH WC and love it. the bb height is like no other, corners like my 4x, takes big hits like a big bike, awsome!!

i have looked into the factory as opposed to the WC complete and i really don't notice the weight difference. they say roughly about less than a pound in frame only weight. if you can find a screaming deal on a complete WC or TEAM, take it!! not saying that an overseas made frame is any better but same results as usa made frame when riding.
Hey Guys,

From what I understand....

The 06 Factory Frame is made in the US and .9 lbs lighter the the WC taiwanese frame. However in 07 the Factory Frame, WC and Elite is all made in the US and is lighter. The bikes aren't supposed to be out yet unless your a factory rider. Our Team is sponsored by these guys this year and all of us are going from V10's. Haven't ridden one yet but I hear they corner like mad..! I personally can't wait.. i have a lot friends that rode the 06 Sunday and they love it.

Straight from the (Iron) Horses mouth...

"For 2007, the Sunday WC is built from a USA made factory frame. Last year we received some negative feedback that our top bike didn't include our top frame. This year we changed the Sunday Elite and Sunday WC to include the lighter USA made frame. For 2007, the Sunday Factory, Sunday Elite and Sunday World Cup are the same frame."

From the National Sales Manager at IH.

P"

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
chewee said:
The IH site list the weight of the 07 Sunday WC - complete: 39.2 lbs (or 17.6 kgs).

http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/SundayWC.html

click on 'spec /info' top left
Take a look at the wheelset, DT 5.1 rims. While it is cool that IH is putting the parts that the team actually rides on that build, those rims will not last the average rider long. There was a thread on RM (maybe here) where one of the guys at Go-ride said he talked to Sam Hills mechanic....the word was that Sam went through 'several' of those rims each and every race weekend.

If you get a WC, better save some $$ for new rims.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Get ahold of the guys at Down Wind Sports

The guys there in beautiful Marquette, MI are supper helpful, and typically have unbeatable pricing. They are one of Iron Horse's "Prodigy Dealers", their premier accounts. Talk with Chuck or Brian.

Down Wind Sports, Inc.
514 N Third St.
Marquette, MI 49855
(906) 226-7112
gear at downwindsports dot com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.