Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newb but want a solid first bike. LBS is asking 1300 for a 2007 Fuel EX 7 and about the same for a 2008 Fueld EX 5.5. They seem to think the 2007 Fuel EX 7 is a better deal but I read a review on a blog where the guy said that the 2008 5.5 has the same suspension setup as the 2007 Fuel EX 8 and 9. I am sure I will not be able to tell the difference but if I am spending the money I want the best bang for the buck. What is the consensus? The 2007 is in the LBS, the 2008 5.5 will have to be ordered and is supposedly in short supply.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
as far as frame and suspension geometry, yes both bikes are the same. the 07 was made in waterloo, wi, the 08 5.5 is made in Taiwan. Im guessing the 07 will have better spec for the money too- so go with the 07.

·
Registered
136 Posts
gonzoy5 said:
The design on the 07 EX7, and the 08 EX5.5 are the same. So knowing that the 07 has better parts, it's a no brainer to go with the EX7. If you want the new EX design you're going to have to go up to the 08 EX8.
The new R1i suspension with the ABP starts with the 08 EX7

OP - no question, get the 07 EX7

·
Registered
136 Posts
So, did you buy a bike yet? Whichever one you get, it's lightyears ahead of most people's first bike. Either one will gives you many years and many miles to develop your skill and love for this crazy sport. Ride on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.