Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
I have the 2006 Fox 36 R Talas and absolutely love it. This is coming from a Bullit owner with Super T. I really feel like I can do all the same stuff I was doing with Bullit with my 2006 Enduro w/Fox 36.

If you don't care about adjusting HA for long climbs, you should probably go with Fox 36 VAN.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
i would go with the 36van. im getting one when i buy my VP free. should be a great fork, light enough for climbing while still being a true FR/DH single crown fork. the 36talas is super nice as well, if you want travel adjustment go for that.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i haven't ridden one besides on trails and a few jumps and i wasn't a big fan of they way the 36van rode. it wasn't bad, but nothing special. maybe it's just me, but it didn't feel strong to me when i was jumping it.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Stupid question. on the Talas, can you run it in the low travel mode without messing things up???

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i'd assum i'd be fine being in the lower mode for alot of the time. i know a guy how rides his in the lower position about 70% of the time and he jumps it and does some urban "hucking" with it and it does fine. don't take my word from it though... i have no real first hand experiance with it. just some riding around a friends bike a few times. he just ditched his fork though cause he thought it felt really flexy when running full travel.

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Yeah, I dunno. I haven't had a problem with losing travel. I think they may have addressed this problem with their newer forks.

Look, it's probably the best single crown fork out. The 66SL and Pike are the other two to consider, but not sure if you'll get the same performance.

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
bullit71 said:
Look, it's probably the best single crown fork out. The 66SL and Pike are the other two to consider, but not sure if you'll get the same performance.
Errr.....I doubt that...the 66sl is better, aside from a bit more weight than the talas:

- Chassis is 1/2 lb heavier (more metal!), same as the RC2X, etc.
- Just as stiff, if not stiffer
- Full 170mm travel
- Adjustable travel
- Plush marzocchi action (coil feel)
- Infinitely tunable
- Cheaper
- Marzocchi durablity.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.