Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
keystone addict
542 Posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

yuck. Didnt specialized try to make their own shocks fifteen years ago or something, but then they stopped because they sucked so much? Looks like they wanna try again:rolleyes: . A double crown six inch fork for a trail bike? come on...

and whats with those red calipers?:madman:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The red calipers are marta sl brakes (magura)...

I have personally ridden this bike and the suspension in fact DIDDNT SUCK. WOAH. I thought that because they were specialized everything about them must suck. The big company thing and all.

hint of sarcasm (if u diddnt notice)^^^

The suspension rides VERY well. Have you ever seen the maverick fork? Lighter and stiffer than the talas? while being a dual crown?

They diddnt make it a dual crown for to make it look cool, They did it for stiffness. It isnt the Lightest fork in the world but it works quite well...

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
I like the idea, but the suspension isn't valved for your weight, terrain and intended purpose. Anything that can be tuned by PUSH will get my money.

I like the look of the frame. What is the tire clearence?

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Steve71 said:
I like the idea, but the suspension isn't valved for your weight, terrain and intended purpose. Anything that can be tuned by PUSH will get my money.

I like the look of the frame. What is the tire clearence?
Yeah, the fork arch looks very tight. I hope the production forks have more room (but that would mean a completely new lower casting). It would be annoying for an "all mountain" bike to only fit ~2.2" front tires.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Very bad looking imo. I dont like the futuristic, curvy smooth angles, I like the sharp, straight tubed frames. Maybe thats why I never really liked the Nomads. And the red bits look like crap with the biege frame,fork and shock. And the shock looks pretty damn ugly aswell. The fork, from that angled view doesn't look too bad, just change the colour. I'm not against dual crown all-mountain forks, I like them. Now thats just my opinion on the look, I'm not even gonna comment on the feel, could be awesome for all I know, I haven't riden it.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
cummings said:
Very bad looking imo. I dont like the futuristic, curvy smooth angles, I like the sharp, straight tubed frames. Maybe thats why I never really liked the Nomads. And the red bits look like crap with the biege frame,fork and shock. And the shock looks pretty damn ugly aswell. The fork, from that angled view doesn't look too bad, just change the colour. I'm not against dual crown all-mountain forks, I like them. Now thats just my opinion on the look, I'm not even gonna comment on the feel, could be awesome for all I know, I haven't riden it.
Cummings, I agree, it is not at asthetically pleasing, in fact dam ugly............ But in saying that, have not ridden it, may ride really well.

But on the looks arena, "it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down"

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like it, too...And i also think, this is the bike of the future.
Light (and "light" is not 35 lbs like most of the other "long- travel- enduros"), much travel at front and rear and a comfortable geometry so you can ride long distances.
I think that in two years, nearly every bike-company will have developed such a jack-of-all-trades like the 2007 Enduro... :thumbsup:
The design is a question of your own taste (i like it...), let's wait for the first ride...
(First ride, then decide! - Hasn't this been a Slogan of Cannondale...? :skep: -yes, it was the one with the two chicks...:ihih: )

·
Registered
214 Posts
T.Farmer said:
I like it, too...And i also think, this is the bike of the future.
Light (and "light" is not 35 lbs like most of the other "long- travel- enduros"), much travel at front and rear and a comfortable geometry so you can ride long distances.
I think that in two years, nearly every bike-company will have developed such a jack-of-all-trades like the 2007 Enduro... :thumbsup:
The design is a question of your own taste (i like it...), let's wait for the first ride...
(First ride, then decide! - Hasn't this been a Slogan of Cannondale...? :skep: -yes, it was the one with the two chicks...:ihih: )
Agree with above, especially the two chicks part.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.