Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have had an SL for over a year now and it is perfect. I have NEVER owned a bike with travel like this before. Prior to this was 130mm up front.

Noticing a bit, not a lot of stiction on the front fork. How much is ok? I know thats a hard question. Bike is flawless otherwise.

Does this happen with a bunch of long travel forks?

ps: Please don't bash, I know the prior issues with this bike but mine has been fine after MANY rides.

Best,
Ken

·
Registered
422 Posts
Check out this thread regarding fork alignment when installing the front axle. Motocross dirt bikes use a similar front axle system as the E150, and on an MX bike, you tighten the axle, then tighten the fork clamp on the side the axle threads into, then you hold the front brake and cycle the front suspension up and down several times. This allows the non-tightened fork clamp to 'find' it's center on the axle. Then you tighten it.

The poster mentions taking out the cartridges so you can easily cycle the fork thru its full travel. I haven't done that, I just leave the fork completely put together, put it upsidedown to install the wheel. You can easily cycle the fork thru its first few inches by hand while wiggling the fork leg to find the area of least stiction, then tighten the clamp and go ride!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=385161&highlight=E150+fork

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.