Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking for a 07-09 Enduro. My height is 5'8" with a inseam of 29" I know that puts me somewhere between a small or medium. Would a small be too small for me and would a large be out of the question altogether? My local bike shops don't carry Enduros to actually try one but the last time I was in the shop the guy said I could probably be comfortable on a 16" frame and have good control. My riding consists of mostly rough trails and singletrack.

·
mountain biker
535 Posts
I'm 5'9, also with an 29" inseam. I ride a medium 2005 Enduro. And a medium 2008 Demo 8. I think you would be suited just fine to a medium bike from Specialized.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I found a 07 model for sale online but it is a large. The guy says he was 5"9 with a 29" inseam and says the bike would fit me perfectly. (may just want the sell) Obviously since I cant try it before I buy and always see the L bikes listed for a taller rider I am a bit skeptical. Would a L be too big?

·
mountain biker
535 Posts
First off, are you sure this is a legitimate seller? Specialized doesn't allow it's products to be sold on-line. Previous ebay stores purporting to sell Spec bikes have turned out to be scams.

Secondly, is this the Enduro SL? It's been known to have issues with fork and shock internals. I'd make sure they've been dealt with previously or that the guarantee is still good.

Lastly, I think a large would be too big. Even with a short stem, you would have a hard time getting yourself back into a normal, balanced riding position. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Large will be way too big. My medium 07 Enduro is just on the cusp on being too big for me (5'9" and 28") riding modest singletrack and technical stuff. And, like slyfink says below, do make sure both the E150 forks (I'm on my 2nd set of internals) and Specialized shock (replaced under warranty in year 2) have been sorted professionally! There's nothing like losing confidence in your bike to stop you enjoying your riding!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, thank you for the help. I thought it was going to be too big. Slyfink, it was a used bike on Ebay I was looking at. I have actually decided to try and find a 06 model after all it should be all I really need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.