Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if any info on the 2007's is out? I'm planning on eventually getting an AS-X, but was wondering if they'll make any changes to the frame. It seems like they've had the same frame design since it first came out, and now that they've redesigned their downhill bike (303), maybe they'll make a big change to their freeride frame... who knows? Should I buy one now or wait till the 07's come out?

·
I rot before I ripen
542 Posts
I don't think we've heard anything. Considering how long it's taken to get the 303 from racing prototype to consumer bike, I don't think the asx will see any changes in the next two years.

Where's that wish list of asx updates that folks have been posting here? Umm, 10mm axle, iscg mounts, pink and green colors, what else?

Ok, here's my prediction.

Next major Yeti: 7-inch, sub-35 pound 575 one-bike. Umm, call it the 676.

damon

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
levee67 said:
Next major Yeti: 7-inch, sub-35 pound 575 one-bike. Umm, call it the 676.
Yeah that's what I wish too....Yeti's version of the Turner RFX. Something between the 575 and the ASX. But now that I can't prodeal from 'em anymore, I'll have to look elsewhere for my next big travel bike.

I also wonder if Yeti needs a bike that is slotted between the ASX and 303.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hope Yeti will bring a new AS-X this year my 2003er needs replacement!

For me they should change the following:
- lower pivot
- shorter seattube (21" at the large one is too long!)
- steeper seatangle (don't like the feeling of seating behind the bike on climbs)

... then it will be another Yeti for me.

·
Registered
938 Posts
the only thing I'd like to see in ASX would by 150x12mm rear thru-axle. And a little bit less squeak from the pivots...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yetifan said:
anybody heard anything definate if they are or are not making a new AS-X ?

My old 03 is ready for replacement.

Quite like the look of VP Free's. Just got the wrong name on them................
Vp free hmmm I don't know, it has pretty different geo. than ASX. I mean it feels different when you sit on it , more leaned foreward or sth. like that. I didn't like that feel...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts