Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
aka Taprider
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year on Stage 5 of the BC Bike Race, Andreas Hestler cracked his 2007 Element frame.
For 2008 Rocky beefed up the yoke of the chain stays; however, apparently not enough
as this year Andreas again cracked his frame on Stage 5 of the BC Bike Race.
What's up?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Wow! What are the odds? I'm guessing stage 5 must be a bit more terrain heavy than the others but lets not forget this isn't only Rocky that has these problems, I mean I managed to snap the entire seat mast off of a GT I-drive on the way back from the takeaway, they kept beefing them up but they kept coming back broken in different places along the seat mast, 100's of them.:rolleyes:

Do we have a post your broken Rocky thread yet?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Riden my '07 Element over many of the same trails as Stage 5 when going from Sechelt to Langdale in a day and never had a problem at 6'1"/175lbs. Pounded the frame good near Sprockids area descents too. Maybe Heslter is a super torque masher type. He's ridden a few LaRuta's on Elements - how did they fair?

·
Registered
495 Posts
freak coincidence

It sounds like a freak coincidence, definitely unfortunate though. The scoop I got was that new chainstay is really solid, virtually no problems - except for Andreas I guess. That guy hammers on stuff more than most so hopefully there won't be a widespread problem - I really doubt there will be.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Those main pivot bolts seem to be chronically under-greased, there's been quite a few people in the last little bit with a creaky pivot, and I bet that would make them more prone to galling and maybe breaking too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an 07 Element and the yoke cracked on it. I just got the replacement and it has a beefy ol' crossmember in it. I'm thinking it would be real difficult to crack it now. As for the main pivot bolt, I'm on my third one and I hope it's my last.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.