Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the chance to exchange a new, unridden '06 Fox 36 Talas for a new '07 Talas for $200, would you?

The '07 has 10mm more travel, a better Talas system, better bottom out resistance, and I've heard the ride quality is different/better

·
Registered
123 Posts
do it

coldawg said:
If you had the chance to exchange a new, unridden '06 Fox 36 Talas for a new '07 Talas for $200, would you?

The '07 has 10mm more travel, a better Talas system, better bottom out resistance, and I've heard the ride quality is different/better
coldawg, I traded my '06 for an '07 a couple of months ago and it is a great upgrade. All of the reasons you mention are true, especially the 3 position talas system. It makes the fork so much more usable than the '06 talas system. One other reason, no travel loss. I experienced travel loss with my '06, and while not that big of a deal, from what i've been told the '07 will not suffer from this.

It's a well spent $200.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
goatboy001 said:
coldawg, I traded my '06 for an '07 a couple of months ago and it is a great upgrade. All of the reasons you mention are true, especially the 3 position talas system. It makes the fork so much more usable than the '06 talas system. One other reason, no travel loss. I experienced travel loss with my '06, and while not that big of a deal, from what i've been told the '07 will not suffer from this.

It's a well spent $200.
I didn't have an '06, but agree with Goatboy 100%. The '07 is a really nice fork and they've addressed any issues with the '06 in the new design. Goatboy's had his a few months longer than me, but we also have 2 other buddies with '07's and no issues amongst the 4 of us so far.

EBX

·
I Welcome All
424 Posts
i have an 07 and LOVE IT, once you get it dialed in with all the adjustments, it is unbeatable, can anyone post their H/L speed compression and rebound settings so i can get some ideas

·
Registered
60 Posts
The 07 is leaps and bounds better than the 06.

195 lbs w/ gear - 65 psi
rebound - 10 clicks from full in
high speed compression - 7 clicks from full out
low speed compression - 6 clicks from full out

on my 05 Playmate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.