Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
P-51 Crew Chief #38
603 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
what the hell is the thing on all the forks? a way to keep track of who should actually be there?
It's a transponder. The future of timing gravity events. XC has been doing it for years.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More shots if you want to see what went down go HERE! Pics are being uploaded wll take a few hours though!!!! Let me know what you think of the shots!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it will be on TV in AUGUST I want to say like the 10-16th, or sometime in that range! I was trying not to listen to announcer clown, the whole time he yapped!!!! Here are some more pics!!! The 1 of TARA with the hill behind is one of my favorite!

Attachments

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
I guess I was the only local to ride up there with a nice bike and be told I could not ride it up the hill?? They had a snow fenced area for MANDATORY bike parking, but no security patrol (I've been to events where they tag the bike and give you a stub, like valet parking - not here), and the guy told me I had to lock my bike for security. I just had ridden 25 miles on my 29er SS, and don't carry a lock on those rides (if ever), duh! It took me quite a bit of effort and cost to pay someone else to work for me so I could go.... I was p!ssed that a bike event did not welcome spectator bikes. WTF?:madmax:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
slocaus said:
I guess I was the only local to ride up there with a nice bike and be told I could not ride it up the hill?? They had a snow fenced area for MANDATORY bike parking, but no security patrol (I've been to events where they tag the bike and give you a stub, like valet parking - not here), and the guy told me I had to lock my bike for security. I just had ridden 25 miles on my 29er SS, and don't carry a lock on those rides (if ever), duh! It took me quite a bit of effort and cost to pay someone else to work for me so I could go.... I was p!ssed that a bike event did not welcome spectator bikes. WTF?:madmax:
no watch bike....guy gets the finger period....unless in writing he says he will be responsible

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sucks maybr he had a thing against SS. I saw all kinds of clowns out riding bikes up and down next to the course? You didn't see the kid w/ the black ASX that thought he was wheelie champ of the world. That kid was wheeling going up and down next to the course???

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
The events I have been at where they want to keep bikes from the exhibit areas have someone official with an Event Staff shirt or a legit security guard with a clipboard attaching numbers to bike and giving out receipt stubs.

I just rode home. Had a beer. Maybe I should have ridden around to the Laguna open space and come in that way. Doubt that I will try to support this event in the future.

Great photos ianjenn. I am sorry I missed it, but did not want to leave my bike, or ride all the way home for another bike and lock. I was tired from the 1500' of climbing I did earlier in the foothills with the heat.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK the fiance has her own post now here are the PIC breakdowns.
1-4 me
5-8 her
9-10 me
11 her
12 me
The rest I post here will be mine ONLY and same for her post. Sound good????

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
oh well

I made the trip down to SLO. I was pretty much aware of the fact that CBS was there covering the event so geting media passes was gonna be near impossible. I did think that I would beable to film in other media spots. Not the case. I was kind of bummed but I knew that there was a possiblity of me not shooting the event. So I tried to make the best of it. I thought the people working the event were extremely rude. Give somebody a yellow vest and they turn into jerks. So that sealed the deal of my camera staying in my bag instead of filming from the side lines....I'm also glad I didnt bring my bike because it seemed way to easy to steal a bike. I guess I should've went to Utah instead....

One more thing.....ProKomp is a bad mofo.....look for him in the 08 olympics medaling in BMX and dominating the VeloDrome. Skills for days...

Infantry5.com
new site coming soon.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.