Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No known cure
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of these months ago through my LBS, and they havn't been able to get them. I actually only need the pivot shafts since a couple of the bolts sheared off. Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Vader said:
I ordered a set of these months ago through my LBS, and they havn't been able to get them. I actually only need the pivot shafts since a couple of the bolts sheared off. Thanks.
Why can't they get them?

·
No known cure
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
peteypete said:
Why can't they get them?
I'm not sure. I get the standard, "We're still waiting on them." or "You're going to have to wait until so and so gets in." BTW, my LBS is JensonUSA

·
Registered
306 Posts
Vader said:
I'm not sure. I get the standard, "We're still waiting on them." or "You're going to have to wait until so and so gets in." BTW, my LBS is JensonUSA
Where exactly are you? I can see if there's another dealer nearby.

·
No known cure
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
peteypete said:
Where exactly are you? I can see if there's another dealer nearby.
I live near Big Bear, CA, so anywhere in Southern Ca. Thanks.

·
No known cure
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vader said:
I live near Big Bear, CA, so anywhere in Southern Ca. Thanks.
I called JensonUSA again and they said they're still waiting on Rocky Mountain to ship the bushings. I'm sorta inclined to belive them because I've always had trouble in the past getting bushings from Rocky, but that was in 1998, trying to get bushings for my DH Race and Element Race. The excuse back then was that they didn't have a large US presence. Back then, my LBS was Fat Tire Farm in Portland who was the largest US dealer and they had trouble getting bushings. Oh well, rant over. I just want to ride the bike. It was an NOS frame I built up, I only have two runs on it, and summer is flying by.:confused:

·
No known cure
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vader said:
I called JensonUSA again and they said they're still waiting on Rocky Mountain to ship the bushings. I'm sorta inclined to belive them because I've always had trouble in the past getting bushings from Rocky, but that was in 1998, trying to get bushings for my DH Race and Element Race. The excuse back then was that they didn't have a large US presence. Back then, my LBS was Fat Tire Farm in Portland who was the largest US dealer and they had trouble getting bushings. Oh well, rant over. I just want to ride the bike. It was an NOS frame I built up, I only have two runs on it, and summer is flying by.:confused:
Another month has passed and Jenson still can't get a simple bushing from Rocky. Weak. Ventana can build me a custom full suspension frame in three weeks during Christmas, but Rocky can't get a bushing to one of the world's biggest mail order outfits. I got tired of waiting and went down to Ace Hardware and picked up a M12 bolt and nut. It's heavy and looks like poo, but the bike is now back in rotation.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I recently had great service with RM. I had lost a pivot bolt on my ETSX during a ride and I contacted them directly since I don't have a dealer nearby. I got not one but two sets of bolts sent FedEx to my house, gratis, within a few days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts