Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry for the repeated "v" thread but just got a quick one for you all...

I have a chance to buy a couple of different frames to upgrade from my Coiler that just doesn't cut it at the moment.

First is a 2006 Rocky Mountain RMX 2.0 with the Marz 888 forks on it and DHX 4.0. A mates frame so I know it's legit for roughly $1100

Second is a 2007 (although I reckon its a 2006) Giant Glory frame with DHX 4.0 also for roughly $1000

My first thought is that the Giant is a better bike, although for the same price I can get the RMX with a fork (that I would otherwise need to buy) and I know the bikes history...

For what it's worth I have all x.9 drivetrain and elixer R brakes for it, not that you guys actually care...

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the 888 RC2, just been overhauled with new seals and the lot. comes with axles and direct mount stem aswell

·
Registered
486 Posts
The RMX is more of a freeride type bike, right? Is it a glory FR frame or DH? If you want to do DH and it's a Glory DH that you're considering, it might be better bet than the RMX since the geometry is better suited for racing.

If it's a Glory FR frame and you're looking to do FR, I'd probably go with the RMX. A shock is cheaper than a fork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts