Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have proclaimed to myself and friends that my primary bike-related 2006 New Year's resolution is to NOT buy any bikes in 2006. As such, the cold sweats have been non stop realizing I only had about a week till that reality set in. Because I want to have some integrity in 2006 I had not choice but to buy an Inbred 29er today with 1 day left to 2005.

To be honest, it is not my fault given the immense peer pressure on this board so I blame all of you for the various Inbred posts/pictures as of late!

This bike will be my so-called "office bike" and will remain in my office 24/7 to be used for noon time rides given my limited riding time outside of work hours and weekends. The only time it will not be in the office is if my wife comes to visit in which case I will conveniently move the bike to my neighbor's office.....I do not want to burden the wife with this purchase as I am a sensitive husband.

Cheers and Happy New Years!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Shizzle won't be buying any new bikes in '06, but I bet he will be spending a boat load on parts!

I am guessing $1,500 in parts for the $400 frame.

My resolutions have been adjusted a bit. I plan to "cut back" on bike purchases and beer. I bought 3 this year, anything less will be considered "cutting back" :D

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rainman said:
Are you a gambling man Fo?

Wanna make a bet with me about the "no new bikes in 06" ?? :)

lol... Happy New Year, mate.

R.
I had a funny feeling I would get such a response from you Sir Rainman.

As far as the bet goes, I suppose I might take the bet though the odds sure as hell would not be 1:1

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bigdrunk said:
Shizzle won't be buying any new bikes in '06, but I bet he will be spending a boat load on parts!

I am guessing $1,500 in parts for the $400 frame.

My resolutions have been adjusted a bit. I plan to "cut back" on bike purchases and beer. I bought 3 this year, anything less will be considered "cutting back" :D
C'mon Bigdrunk....you can't modify your noted resolutions before the New Year even starts!

As far as "cutting back", I like it! All we need to do then is redefine "cutting back" as we go along :)

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
read the fine print

FoShizzle said:
I have proclaimed to myself and friends that my primary bike-related 2006 New Year's resolution is to NOT buy any bikes in 2006. As such, the cold sweats have been non stop realizing I only had about a week till that reality set in. Because I want to have some integrity in 2006 I had not choice but to buy an Inbred 29er today with 1 day left to 2005.

But will you trade bikes? :)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pacman said:
But will you trade bikes? :)
good point.....and "trade" is quite ambiguous if you think about it....it can take on many meanings ;)

i am sure your Kermit SIR will add peer pressure once you get it and we ride!

thanks again for today's ride

·
Registered
59 Posts
FoShizzle said:
I have proclaimed to myself and friends that my primary bike-related 2006 New Year's resolution is to NOT buy any bikes in 2006...

Oh man Fo! That's not a new years resolution any framebuilder wants to hear. Hopefully it doesn't catch on. :)

As for me, my resolutions are to spend less time online & mo time on tha rubbers. Also, since I've upgraded my attitude some, this new alias on here will make it easier to overlook past arguments with the toads... er ah, that is, with those I've had any disagreements of opinions with, so as to make any further contributions around here both civil & positive. Hey! I'm a born again mtbrerer. Peachy. PEACHY! :)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cloud9 said:
Oh man Fo! That's not a new years resolution any framebuilder wants to hear. Hopefully it doesn't catch on. :)
what I would love to do is get on a Jeff Jones wait list in 2006......however, in order for that to happen, work needs to take a turn for the better which I am hoping happens.

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
J J ???

I thought that his order list was closed?????

If not..i'm onnit !!.. :)

My NY Resolution.... buy more bikes than I did in '05. lol.. :)

Sing the chorus, ladies..... I've got the FoShizzle blues... i've got the FoShizzle blues.. I want more bikes but I aint got no shoes... I got the FoShizzle blues..

..heheheh... R.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rainman said:
I thought that his order list was closed?????

If not..i'm onnit !!.. :)

My NY Resolution.... buy more bikes than I did in '05. lol.. :)

Sing the chorus, ladies..... I've got the FoShizzle blues... i've got the FoShizzle blues.. I want more bikes but I aint got no shoes... I got the FoShizzle blues..

..heheheh... R.
did not know the list was closed....

now stop being a bad influence on me and support me in my goals!

·
Registered
55 Posts
:D
FoShizzle said:
did not know the list was closed....

now stop being a bad influence on me and support me in my goals!
Hey Fo, sounds like you're in the same boat as me. My Inbred has been sitting around unfinished, still needs wheels. So how are we classified, as "inbetweeners" since the bikes aren't completed as of the stroke of midnight? The resolution may need to be modified, maybe heavily.... :D

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bikertim said:
:D

Hey Fo, sounds like you're in the same boat as me. My Inbred has been sitting around unfinished, still needs wheels. So how are we classified, as "inbetweeners" since the bikes aren't completed as of the stroke of midnight? The resolution may need to be modified, maybe heavily.... :D
hmmm.....well, my resolution "technically" was that i would not buy any bikes in 2006. Since my order was placed yesterday (for a complete bike) I think I meet the requirements of a 2005 purchase....that is my story and I am sticking to it :)

cheers

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
FoShizzle said:
good point.....and "trade" is quite ambiguous if you think about it....it can take on many meanings ;)

i am sure your Kermit SIR will add peer pressure once you get it and we ride!

thanks again for today's ride
The rain is making that the last ride of the year. :(
Peer pressure for sure, your resolution said nothing about upgrading parts. :D
Now for a positive goal, signed up for the VQ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
My resolution is to buy a new 29er in 06. I need to add a geared hardtail or FS bike to the stable. I bought 6 bikes in 05, two 29ers (both SS), Cross wannabe 29er, and 3 vintage road bike projects. But, on the bright side I did sell two bikes this year, both of my 26er bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.