Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Evan, is it correct that Chile Challenge is in mid MAY?!?!?!?! Why so early? Dammit, if it's that early there's no way that I'll be able to go since that'll be around the last week of school, which means finals and stuff. And well, I won't be able to go even if there wasn't finals. Dammit!

Otherwise, looks sweet. :)

·
Awesomist™
2,952 Posts
yeah that's the schedule, should be pretty much final. Bummer to hear that you may not be able to make it, but see what you can do, eh? That race is SO not to be missed. How's about that sweet action at the Chalk Creek Stampede? 4X one day and Dual Slalom the next? eh? eh?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely very sweet!!! :D Hopefully I can make Angelfire as that is my absolute favorite race each year, but...with that early of a date I'd say it's pretty suspect as to whether I'd be able to or not. :(

Shoudl be an excellent season. :)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Full Trucker said:
yeah that's the schedule, should be pretty much final. Bummer to hear that you may not be able to make it, but see what you can do, eh? That race is SO not to be missed. How's about that sweet action at the Chalk Creek Stampede? 4X one day and Dual Slalom the next? eh? eh?
Wow - right on! That was the first thing I noticed - the fact that the Chalk Creek Stampede will consist of both Mountain Cross and Dual Slalom. Too much fun!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
snowskilz said:
Hey could one of you guys post the race dates over here? i cant get to the racemsc website while at work
Also, you should all check out the forums over on the MC website: http://www.racemsc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=3

1. Chile Challenge
(XC, DH, MX, SD)
Angel Fire, NM
May 20-21
Cycle Cyndicate Event Promotions
(303) 432-1519
[email protected]

2. Chalk Creek Stampede
(XC, STXC, MX, DS)
Nathrop, CO
June 10-11
Race Performance Management
(719) 221-1251
[email protected]

3. Wildflower Rush
(XC, DH, SD)
Crested Butte, CO
June 24-25
Crested Butte Mountain Resort
(970) 349-2303
[email protected]

4. Eldora Escape
(HC, XC)
Nederland, CO
July 2

5. Blast the Mass**
(XC, DH, MX, SD)
Snowmass Village, CO
July 15-16
(303) 432-1519
[email protected]

6. Full Tilt in Telluride
(XC, STXC, DH, SD)
Mountain Village, CO
July 29-30
(303) 432-1519
[email protected]

7. Keystone Climax
(XC, DH, DS, SD)
Keystone, CO
September 2-4
(303) 432-1519
[email protected]

·
style, flow...RIDE!!
130 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
DH'er16 said:
So it seems that the Resort is running the Crested Butte race again this season, I guess this means we can expect the same amazing organization as last year?
Yeah - I was pretty disappointed myself when I saw that, too. Hopefully they learned from last year's mistakes. It was their first year running their own race, so maybe this year will be better. All we can do is hope because if one want's a season championship, it can't be missed!

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
DH'er16 said:
So it seems that the Resort is running the Crested Butte race again this season, I guess this means we can expect the same amazing organization as last year?
Yes, that is a great point.

Who knows the relationship between MSC and the various race promoters, but...could the MSC folks please pass along to the CB promoter that last year's timing was a total clusterfock? There is no excuse for that sort of ineptitude! It diminishes the quality of the event and will hurt attendance...

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have always missed the Moab races because of my work schedule at that time of year, and we are short handed at work. But gosh, how am I gonna fit all that in at Nathrop. Started mx last year, and would like to try DS. I already race xc. Hey I am in the oldtimers class this year! 50+. Hopefully this year I won't crash out into the disabled list before Keystone, as I never have been able to get there before I crash out.

·
Awesomist™
2,952 Posts
Hey just so everyone knows, it is a tentative schedule! The dates are probably not going to change, but I'm not completely certain about the various promoters of each individual race, etc. The only ones that are definite are CC and RPM events. Not sure how the CB and Eldora races are going to be run, but more than likely they will be run by the resorts themselves.

Also, don;t think the timing at each venue hasn't been discussed among the MSC folks. Usually, CJ Timing does as much of the series as they can, but had prior engagements at a couple of stops, CB being one of them. Hopefully everything will get worked out for next year and there won't be any issues. Remember that the weather played a HUGE part in the discrepancies last year, something that even the top timing companies can't account for. Maverick Sports Timing does TONS of events every year, all without the issues that were seen at CB.

I can't wait for next season it's gonna be fun as hell! Right now, I'm "working" for myself, so i should not only be hitting the MSC, but also nearly all the NORBAs and possibly even the US Open out in Jersey - anyone that wants to get on the Full Trucker program and do some travelling, step it up! Heck, anyone that needs me to design logos, brochures, websites, or graphics of ANY nature should get in touch with me. I'll propbably spam the message boards more thouroughly when I get my portfolio online.

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
Thanks for responding to the CB timing criticism.

There is one other obvious thing that would improve the MSC series greatly:

How about requiring the promoters to post results on the web (to the NORBA site, on their own site, the MSC site, or wherever) within 24 hours of the event, or be fined by MSC?

Given that the timing is done electronically, we all know that posting the results to the web is an absolutely trivial affair. However, past behavior indicates that posting results to the web is not a priority to promoters; apparently, they feel like once the racers have headed for home, the heat is off, and they post results "when they get around to it", which frequently takes days. You've certainly heard from many racers across many different MTBR threads, that there are many racers who are eagerly awaiting results to be posted.

I remind you that Winter Park, by far the biggest MTB race series in Colorado in terms of racer attendance, invariably has results posted within 4 hours of the conclusion of an event!

·
Registered
896 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Hey Evan, is it correct that Chile Challenge is in mid MAY?!?!?!?! Why so early? Dammit, if it's that early there's no way that I'll be able to go since that'll be around the last week of school, which means finals and stuff. And well, I won't be able to go even if there wasn't finals. Dammit!

Otherwise, looks sweet. :)
Great post! What's the point of posting about the schedule if you don't actually post it!
You'd think a moderator would know better than that!...

Wasn't the top of the Angelfire DH course covered in snow like two weeks before the event this season? And the event will be even earlier next year?!?!

Even with the timing issues, Crested Butte was a fun race. I would drive all the way there just to ride up the chairlift and see the view, or take a drive up Gothic Road. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l

·
Registered
312 Posts
Full Trucker said:
can't wait for next season it's gonna be fun as hell! Right now, I'm "working" for myself, so i should not only be hitting the MSC, but also nearly all the NORBAs and possibly even the US Open out in Jersey - anyone that wants to get on the Full Trucker program and do some travelling, step it up! Heck, anyone that needs me to design logos, brochures, websites, or graphics of ANY nature should get in touch with me. I'll propbably spam the message boards more thouroughly when I get my portfolio
nline.
hey evan i'm thinking about going out to the open, so stay in touch on that one. we should ride palmer park sometime once the trails get snowed in up north.

rapwithtom wrote, "How about requiring the promoters to post results on the web (to the NORBA site, on their own site, the MSC site, or wherever) within 24 hours of the event, or be fined by MSC? "

fined??? easy now tom, it's just a bicycle race! most of the promoters are working these races in addition to there other jobs. is it really going to kill you to wait a few days to find out how badly you were beaten?

·
i took the wheels home
215 Posts
Stxc

Is there really going to be short track racing this season? Cause that will be way fun as long as MSC doesn't limit it to expert and above. But where in the weekend will there ever be time to race that... Saturday night when the moon comes out?

And a hill climb at eldora? hope it is not any part of this past season's race course cause that was flat...

·
Awesomist™
2,952 Posts
rapwithtom - please know that posting the results to the web is not an "absolutely trivial affair" as many people think. The folks of the MSC have been working to streamline the timing and scoring of each event, and are looking to have results posted online in as an efficient manner as is possible. Just know that we're working on it, and we have heard the cries from the masses.

70-Spokes - You know, I don't know when in a weekend a STXC could possibly be run either, but there are going to be some short tracks during this year's season! Should be fun as hack, I tell you what.

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
Full Trucker said:
rapwithtom - please know that posting the results to the web is not an "absolutely trivial affair" as many people think. The folks of the MSC have been working to streamline the timing and scoring of each event, and are looking to have results posted online in as an efficient manner as is possible. Just know that we're working on it, and we have heard the cries from the masses.

70-Spokes - You know, I don't know when in a weekend a STXC could possibly be run either, but there are going to be some short tracks during this year's season! Should be fun as hack, I tell you what.
Thanks for the response and acknowledgement.

I hadn't noticed the STXC plans until now...cool! And, like mentioned, please make sure that it's offered at least down to sport (my) level!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.