Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
It is a 2006 x-small frame. The 06 grey is very close to the grey color Fox uses for their forks and the 06 grey is different than the 05 grey color used on the Moto-Lites. The 06 grey is not an exact match to the Fox fork grey, but it is very close. The rear derailleur is the medium cage carbon XO. I know there has been a ton of discussion about the medium cage working with a triple front crankset and 11-34 cassettes. It will work just fine, and we have several customers using the exact same combinations with no issues to date. There are a few fine points you need to know when using this combo. Just make sure you size your chain correctly. You can use the big-big combo, but I do not recommend riding in that gear due to the cross-chaining. You will not be able to use all the rear gears in the small front chainring since the cage is not long enough to take up all the chain slack. You will be able to use about about 4 or 5 of the largest cogs on a typical 11-34 cassette. Just stay out of the other smaller rear cassette gears when in your small front chainring which I recommend to all riders no matter what set-up they are running. Hope the info helps.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.