Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Marin change anything for the 2006 models to fix the creaking and cracks people were experiencing with the swing arm? I was just wondering because I found a deal on a 2006 Marin Mount Vision. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have an 05 Rift Zone which is the exact same frame as the MV. No creaking and no cracks. I weigh 200lbs with gear and am not a smooth rider. I ride in rocky, rooty singletrack so the frame takes some abuse, but no major jumping drops etc. etc. Marin did beef up their Quad XC frames in 2005. If you use it for what is intended for (ie: trail riding, racing) you will not have a problem.

It took me a little while to decide to buy my frame, sure glad I did. The quad link suspension performs as advertised.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Marin Cracks

Hi,

2004 East Peak (Same as Mount Vision) had a problem with cracks (2 - one seat tube, one swingarm) after about 9months. The 2005 Warantee replacement is running fine after 18months with the same aggressive XC style. No cracks or creaks. Marin would appear to have solved the early problems.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had a 04 model that cracked just up the down tube from the BB, below the suspension mount. They replaced it (just as they did my original 2000 model) at the start of this year with an 06 model, this one has a plate welded across the spot the previous one broke, so I'd say they fixed it. Never hear do them breaking on the swinging arm before, and only seen older model break on the seat tube.

Only creaks I ever had on my Marins, are components other than the frame.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have an 05 East Peak.....cracked two swingarms but the newest swingarm i got is designed diffrent and reinforced and extended in the place they where cracking.just dont know what year the change was.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know this is an old thread but thought I would update my entry incase anyone is buying second hand:

Turns out my Guarantee replacement was a 2006 :thumbsup: but the swingarm cracked again :eekster: in the same place! Marin replaced it again (just the arm) but this time from the Mount Vision as the East Peak was no longer in stock. This was a slightly improved design but I didn't want to risk it so I have sold the Marin and moved on.

If you are buying second hand check the swingarm carefully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.