Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any preliminary details on the Demo tour?

I'd love to take a 6.6 for a spin before deciding on my new bike purchase this spring, but I'm having a difficult time finding any shops with a built up 6.6 in stock here in Colorado. I'd love to have this decided before March/April so I can get my new bike in time for a few spring trips to Moab/Fruita.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Boogie Man said:

I'd love to take a 6.6 for a spin before deciding on my new bike purchase this spring, but I'm having a difficult time finding any shops with a built up 6.6 in stock here in Colorado. I'd love to have this decided before March/April so I can get my new bike in time for a few spring trips to Moab/Fruita.
Boogie Man- We should have our demo 6.6 bikes in soon, maybe another week or two, you can demo the bike for a full 7 days, ride it on your turf. Check out our website for more info on the Intense demos.competitivecyclist.com., Go to the mountain bike home page and navigate from there to intense demo thumbnail.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well I was going to recommend what [email protected] said todo. If thats not an option for you, we have other demo dealers that you can parking lot test, but not many have 6.6's available yet.

In regards to the demo tour, no dates for 06 are set yet. If your in town here your welcome to ride ours.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even a parking lot test would be great, but I'm finding that there aren't any dealers around with 6.6's in stock, let alone built up for test rides... I took a nomad out for a test ride, and it wasn't my cup of tea. The slack head tube angle, longer wheelbase, and longer chainstays kind made the bike feel like it rode a little too long for me. I saw that the 6.6's geometry was a little tighter... steeper headtube, shorter wheelbase, and shorter chainstays, so I wanted to take one for a spin before settling on a 5" VPP bike.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Boogie Man said:

Hey Boogie Man, what size are you looking to ride? We just got a 5.5 and a 6.6 that will be built up soon for some ridin'!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Boogie Man- We should have our demo 6.6 bikes in soon, maybe another week or two, you can demo the bike for a full 7 days, ride it on your turf. Check out our website for more info on the Intense demos.competitivecyclist.com., Go to the mountain bike home page and navigate from there to intense demo thumbnail.
I think your demo program is great. I wish other mfgs would offer the same. One week to test on your favorite trails... it doesn't get any better. Cheap insurance to guarantee satisfaction on a substantial investment!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ignazjr said:
Hey Boogie Man, what size are you looking to ride? We just got a 5.5 and a 6.6 that will be built up soon for some ridin'!
Awesome. I'm 6', so I could probably get a feel for the bike with either a medium or a large, but a large looks like what I'd probably end up buying. I'd love to try both a 5.5 and a 6.6. Let me know when you've got 'em built up, and I'll stop by the next time I'm down on the front range.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Boogie Man said:
Awesome. I'm 6', so I could probably get a feel for the bike with either a medium or a large, but a large looks like what I'd probably end up buying. I'd love to try both a 5.5 and a 6.6. Let me know when you've got 'em built up, and I'll stop by the next time I'm down on the front range.
Sounds great. I've got a 5.5 medium and a 6.6 Large. The 5.5 will be built up soon. I'm shooting to have the 6.6 by end o' Jan. Shoot me an email before you head down so we can arrange to meet up. [email protected]
dave

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
MacDaddy said:
I think your demo program is great. I wish other mfgs would offer the same. One week to test on your favorite trails... it doesn't get any better. Cheap insurance to guarantee satisfaction on a substantial investment!!
You're absolutely right, NO "parking lot" test is going to win you over on any suspension bike, I don't care how many speed bumps they might have , until you ride one of these bikes off road, you still don't have an accurate feel for it. Tha shop I used to work at we sold Santa Cruz, we let people ride over the speed bump and down the stairs, off the curb. The people who bought them based on a parking lot test ride, 9 times out of ten would bring the bike back for it's free tune up and nothing would be wrong.........cause they bought it as a conversation piece, not as what it was meant for. So I would gladly pay to demo a potential investment aswell. And besides you get credited back $100.00 off the purchase of the bike or frame, the only thing we don't cover is the shipping.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The Intense "Demo Tour " will be hitting the road this spring 2006 with a Truck full of 6.6's, Uzzi's, 5.5's, Spiders, and Spider 29er's. Keep an eye on the new web site as the dates& locations across the U.S.A.will be added. Our web site will list dealers that have in house Demo Programs. I also want to thank the dealers who have already been helping out on the boards with Demo's. The new Intense products with VPP technology are the best designs we have ever produced and we want everyone to try one out and see for their selves.www.intensecycles.com
JS

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're absolutely right, NO "parking lot" test is going to win you over on any suspension bike, I don't care how many speed bumps they might have , until you ride one of these bikes off road, you still don't have an accurate feel for it. Tha shop I used to work at we sold Santa Cruz, we let people ride over the speed bump and down the stairs, off the curb. The people who bought them based on a parking lot test ride, 9 times out of ten would bring the bike back for it's free tune up and nothing would be wrong.........cause they bought it as a conversation piece, not as what it was meant for. So I would gladly pay to demo a potential investment aswell. And besides you get credited back $100.00 off the purchase of the bike or frame, the only thing we don't cover is the shipping.
While I think that your demo program is nice, it's just difficult for me to pony up $200 for a 6.6 demo because there's nothing else in your shop line up that I'm interested in, so I'd be out $200 if it doesn't work out, and I really can't afford that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.