Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ride the moment
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Inbred 29er that I bought new and have been riding happily ever since. It has the older sliding dropouts with the disc tabs on the frame rather than on slider. Last Sunday I mangled my derailer and hanger on a stick at Waldo Lake. I have emailed On One but apparently they don't have any more of the old style dropouts, so before I look into a new frame, or welding on the existing frame, or having new dropouts custom machined, I thought I'd just throw it out there and see if there was a source for older dropouts. Anybody got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I have a 2006 Inbred 29er that I bought new and have been riding happily ever since. It has the older sliding dropouts with the disc tabs on the frame rather than on slider. Last Sunday I mangled my derailer and hanger on a stick at Waldo Lake. I have emailed On One but apparently they don't have any more of the old style dropouts, so before I look into a new frame, or welding on the existing frame, or having new dropouts custom machined, I thought I'd just throw it out there and see if there was a source for older dropouts. Anybody got any ideas?
Db- I saw in your other thread that you found a set.
Check this thread with Brant's reply about beefing them up: http://forums.mtbr.com/one/inbred-chaintug-replacements-745493.html

·
ride the moment
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Db- I saw in your other thread that you found a set.
Check this thread with Brant's reply about beefing them up: http://forums.mtbr.com/one/inbred-chaintug-replacements-745493.html
Thanks for that, I saw it when I was looking around in the first place. In my case it was the hanger that got mangled. I'm not sure there's much beefing to be done on that part. It was a stout stick in just the right spot that came in front of the derailer and caught the spokes. The whole thing just got twisted around.

For the record, Unreal Cycles just got back to me and they have some in stock. I think I'll order a backup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts