Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey NM Mtbr folks,

Thought I'd let you guys know that I'll be presenting a summary of my recent trip to Whistler, BC for the 2006 IMBA World Mountain Bike Conference at our next FooMTB (Friends of Otero) club meeting on Thursday, July 20th, at 7pm at REI's community room in ABQ.

I'm going to share a bunch of pictures that I took, review the key take-aways from the conference about mountain biking & trails (from risk mgmt, to trail design, to advocacy issues), and watch a short film about the unbelievable riding in the town of Whistler (Bike Park, Freeriding, XC, etc). I was told that there's about 9000 local residents of Whistler and there's over a 1000 members in their MTB club!!!!

As a teaser, I've posted about 26 pictures on the foomtb website:
http://www.foomtb.org/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=view&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=66 (If this link doesn't work, just click the "Photo Album" link on the left hand side of the www.foomtb.org home page)

Here's one pic of me trying my hand at one of the many skill areas on a ~3"+ drop. :)

Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

If you have any questions, PM me.
Chris

Chris Belknap
FooMTB President
www.foomtb.org

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's probably the best picture of me riding that I actually got... which may be sad, but I was too busy riding to try and have someone take pictures of me riding.

Spent 5 days riding the bike park and did one morning riding XC out at the lost lake trails.

Yes, I'm back.... I didn't spend any time posting anything to the web while I was up there or checking out MTBR.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
chris87114 said:
That's probably the best picture of me riding that I actually got... which may be sad, but I was too busy riding to try and have someone take pictures of me riding.

Spent 5 days riding the bike park and did one morning riding XC out at the lost lake trails.

Yes, I'm back.... I didn't spend any time posting anything to the web while I was up there or checking out MTBR.
Sorry Chris...I was replying to Tim. He is currently up that way.

·
528 Posts
chris87114 said:

I was just giving you a hard time. There is just so many other shots that would have been awsome. I'll see if i can post some later. My stupid digital camera has a longer than usual delay from when you press the button and when it actually takes the picture.

Bryan> After 10 hours of riding each day its really hard to find time and post.:D This is my last day here... better get back at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.